Damon diadema soon more babies

zonbonzovi

Creeping beneath you
Old Timer
Your luck plane is tilted in the right direction. Nice pics, not often seen at that stage.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Nice! Good to see that these are getting distributed through captive breeding :D

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very nice pics.

My female should be dropping any day now. I'm too afraid of stressing her, but I really want to get some good shots.

Congrats.

Frankenspider

Arachnopeon
Do you keep them all together or separate? I eventually want to try to have a mating pair and keep the youngsters together in one big vivarium. I hear they do well together, but then I hear they'll just eat one another.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Awesome! I actually just finished watching one of my D. diadema slings molt!!

That was amazing!

Good luck!

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Do you keep them all together or separate? I eventually want to try to have a mating pair and keep the youngsters together in one big vivarium. I hear they do well together, but then I hear they'll just eat one another.
Well as of now I keep them together BUT the male ate the first female after she molted (this is unusual).I will be moving the older brood(about 10 left out of 30)as soon as she pops.

millie1

Arachnopeon
New D. Diadema Babies

We just had our first babies. I took out the other 2 that were in the cage and just left Momma with her kids. Any advice on what to do from here? What did you feed your other babies that you had? Thanks for any help you can provide.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
We just had our first babies. I took out the other 2 that were in the cage and just left Momma with her kids. Any advice on what to do from here? What did you feed your other babies that you had? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Pinhead crix and fruit flies is what I feed.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Well I should have updated this sooner but here are some pic's

and today!!3/4/2011

Last edited:

BQC123

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats!

Do you have any details. I'm really interested in mating to sac, egg laying to hatch, and hatch to second instar. Anything else would be great as well.
I posted my results in Breeding Reports section. just trying to get some times since they seem inconsistant in reports I have read.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Congrats!

Do you have any details. I'm really interested in mating to sac, egg laying to hatch, and hatch to second instar. Anything else would be great as well.
I posted my results in Breeding Reports section. just trying to get some times since they seem inconsistant in reports I have read.
1. They don't lay eggs they hold them under the abdomen.
2. The male deposits a spermatophore and the female rubs the eggs over it.
3. When they hatch mom carries them till first molt(first 2 pic's on 3/4/2011)
4. The incubation time was just under 3 months (not knowing when she fertilized her eggs that is as close as I can get)

Gretchen

Arachnopeon
Hi Presurcukr!

My female has eggs, but she is dropping the sac off of her - it's not staying attached to the underneath of her abdomen. Does that mean the eggs are dead? :-( Or will the babies hatch out from this sac on the ground and then crawl back onto her?

Should I interfere and open the sack and see if any are alive and then move them onto her?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is new to me... And new for her - first pregnancy.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I had to laugh a bit...the female does not rub the eggs on the spermatophore, lol

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The female takes up the s-phore at the end of mating. Eggs are secreted in a gluelike mass and this whole packet is glued to the abdomen by the female....

Verstuurd van mijn GT-I9001 met Tapatalk