Damon diadema question

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
ok so i have this huge male, and a half his size female...i have tried putting her in with him, tried to kill eachother, tried putting him in with her, same thing....i dont understand it...she has molted once since i got her, but i was thinking either maybe she is a immature male, or diff species...but her pedipalps dont go past her legs, and his go way past them, and they look identical...so what you think? thanks

Frankenspider

Arachnopeon
She is most likely a he. I had the same problem with mine. When my female molted recently I noticed her pedipalps were the same length as the males when I first got him. Although I was convinced it was a female, it turned out to be male. Wait until they're the same size to try to mate them. That way you're positive on their genders.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i have thought about that...thought maybe she looks like a she cause she might not be mature....she doesnt seem to be growing at all though...i dunno...i do got 6 little whiplets though, and im gonna raise them together, so if everything fails between my two bigger ones, then i still have the other 6...

She is most likely a he. I had the same problem with mine. When my female molted recently I noticed her pedipalps were the same length as the males when I first got him. Although I was convinced it was a female, it turned out to be male. Wait until they're the same size to try to mate them. That way you're positive on their genders.