Damn you, usps

Status
Not open for further replies.

David John

Arachnopeon
So I eagerly await the arrival of my new T's today, who were supposd to arrive before noon. By 3:0 I'm starting to worry...especially since the mail has already been delivered. I go to the USPS tracking page and see this...

Code:
Class: [B]Express Mail®[/B]

[I]Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.[/I]
WHAT?? Out of all the packages this could happen to, it had to be my new pets. This has happened more than once using the idiots at the USPS (which is why I exclusively send my stuff through UPS), but its usually something I purchased on eBay that can wait an extra day or to...or I can just claim insurance on and re-order. However, this is not the case. It took me quite a while to find adult-sized specimens of the T's that I wanted for under $100...not an easy task.

Its gonna break my heart if I don't get these alive.

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In my experience, a few days extra isn't the end of the world if there is a heat pack and some damp paper towel in there.

I had a pokie subjected to subzero temperatures in side my suit case for 7 hours or so and it survived no problem. I wouldn't worry too much, but maybe I've just got a horse shoe way up there somewhere.

Wink

Arachnopeon
i feel your pain man, i was supposed to receive some slings today...the last update USPS provided was at midnight saying it was about an hour away from my town and on its way...thats it though havent heard anything else! funny how an hour drive still isnt complete after 17 hours!! hope they update soon so i know, cuz we are gettin hit fairly good with snow and low temps! im scared for the slings! i called my local office about 6 times today, they have no info...i was under the impression the seller sent them express...but i guess im wrong :eek:

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i feel your pain man, i was supposed to receive some slings today...the last update USPS provided was at midnight saying it was about an hour away from my town and on its way...thats it though havent heard anything else! funny how an hour drive still isnt complete after 17 hours!! hope they update soon so i know, cuz we are gettin hit fairly good with snow and low temps! im scared for the slings! i called my local office about 6 times today, they have no info...i was under the impression the seller sent them express...but i guess im wrong :eek:
I have had Express packages show up AFTER Priority packages...Stuff happens.It is amazing that there are not more instances of stuff vanishing or being delayed with as many packages as they deal with every day.

Wink

Arachnopeon
yes very true, i have had that happen a time or 2 myself. im just stumped that my package was only an hour away at midnight, but some 17 hours later its like it doesnt exist lol. im just worried about the slings, considering they are now forecasting temps in the single digits :( other than that, it normally wouldnt matter if a package was late...

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes very true, i have had that happen a time or 2 myself. im just stumped that my package was only an hour away at midnight, but some 17 hours later its like it doesnt exist lol. im just worried about the slings, considering they are now forecasting temps in the single digits :( other than that, it normally wouldnt matter if a package was late...
Heh,listen to THIS one...Shipped some stuff to N.cal,and it went from Az to OHIO first,THEN to Cali.This all occurred OVER a holiday as well,so figure in 2-3 extra days in transit on top of what was expected..Where is the sense in that,when I could have DRIVEN the package to the buyer in 8 hrs?We have no choice but to bite the bullet and deal with it.

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Having the same problem. Some of my dream t's are stuck in the mail and it's cold outside.I really hope they make it alive.........

Wink

Arachnopeon
Having the same problem. Some of my dream t's are stuck in the mail and it's cold outside.I really hope they make it alive.........
where in missouri are you? if you dont mind me asking...im about an hour south of STL which was where my package was at midnight last night:mad:

---------- Post added at 05:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Heh,listen to THIS one...Shipped some stuff to N.cal,and it went from Az to OHIO first,THEN to Cali.This all occurred OVER a holiday as well,so figure in 2-3 extra days in transit on top of what was expected..Where is the sense in that,when I could have DRIVEN the package to the buyer in 8 hrs?We have no choice but to bite the bullet and deal with it.
lol thats a bunch of nonsense there...it amazes me the stupid things the postal service does sometimes

kylestl

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm in south county near arnold. Who knows where the heck my package is. Not in missouri though.......

jonnyquong

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Let's just hope someone noticed it was missent before it was opened!:eek::confused:

Wink

Arachnopeon
I'm in south county near arnold. Who knows where the heck my package is. Not in missouri though.......
gotcha, not too far from me then. im about 60 miles south of arnold. my package was in hazelwood around midnight, but now....who knows what happened to it!

David John

Arachnopeon
So a moment ago the doorbell rings!! I excitedly go to the door to sign for my tarantulas when I open it to find the UPS guy walking away and see the box containing my new Cleveland CG15 wedges on the doorstep. For the first time in my life I was actually disappointed to receive new golf equipment!!

This sucks, I swapped my shift at work today specifically to be home to sign for this package. Starting tomorrow I will be at the fire station for 24-hours...now I wont be able to get my package until Saturday morning. The 35-hour heat pack is NOT going to last that long...now what??

Wink

Arachnopeon
This sucks, I swapped my shift at work today specifically to be home to sign for this package. Starting tomorrow I will be at the fire station for 24-hours...now I wont be able to get my package until Saturday morning. The 35-hour heat pack is NOT going to last that long...now what??
that really sucks man! do you have anyone that could be at your house to sign for the package just in case?? or maybe if you trust your neighbors they could watch for the mail guy and sign for it/keep it in their house til you get off work...just an idea

David John

Arachnopeon
All good ideas, Wink...

I moved into my place in November and unfortunately I don't know any of my neighbors, nor do I have anyone who can package-sit for me. If the USPS would have called me back I would just have them hold it and I could leave work to pick it up. I even lied and said it was my "cardiac medication" in hopes they would deliver it tonight.

I should have known better...those incompetent jackasses couldn't care less The only way I would have gotten a response is if I had said it was Anthrax that I plan to forward to the White House. But then my box of tarantulas would have been opened by the FBI.

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
put a note on your door with a post it saying leave the package, then sign it...

Fran

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
To the OP:
Sipping tarantulas via USPS is ILEGAL. Since this site is basically the number one in the hobby in the US, You might wanna change your signature.

David John

Arachnopeon
What about chugging them?
LMAO. Beat me to that one, super!!

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:44 AM ----------

To the OP:
Sipping tarantulas via USPS is ILEGAL. Since this site is basically the number one in the hobby in the US, You might wanna change your signature.
So are steroids, Fran. Don't ask-don't tell. :D

paassatt

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All negative posts aside, FedEx Air is absolutely the best way to go. Good customer service if a problem arises, but that doesn't happen. I use them at work every day (as well as freight, etc) and also for personal reasons and they're better than good.

KnightinGale

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Just out of curiousity, what are Fed-ex air prices like compared to regular postal costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.