damn good pic atavuss

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I sid it in my original reply to that post and i will say it again, that picture is amazing.

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: Re: damn good pic atavuss

Originally posted by atavuss
that t was being "milked" for its venom when I took that picture.
Ed
How (and why) does one go about doing this?

Bill

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: damn good pic atavuss

Originally posted by conipto
How (and why) does one go about doing this?

Bill
very low voltage hooked up to tweezers, and it was milked for venom research.
Ed

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Re: damn good pic atavuss

Originally posted by atavuss
very low voltage hooked up to tweezers, and it was milked for venom research.
Ed
Sorry to keep bugging you, but just out of curiousity, what voltage and current were you using? and how does this stimulate venom glands, and what kind of research are you doing?

Bill

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: damn good pic atavuss

Originally posted by conipto
Sorry to keep bugging you, but just out of curiousity, what voltage and current were you using? and how does this stimulate venom glands, and what kind of research are you doing?

Bill
Bill, I bought a large portion of my adult t's from a guy that had probably several thousand t's of many sp. he had a doctorate degree of some kind and he would draw venom and sell the venom to researchers to determine if there is any medical value for the venom. I believe he was getting 1,500.00 for a panel of venom (I don't remember how much a "panel" was in volume). I can't remember what specifically the amount the voltage and amperage was, but it was a very small amount, and he had jury rigged a rube goldburg contraption that was hooked up to a tweezer. he would "gas" the t's with carbon dioxide he had in a large welding type bottle to calm the more defensive sp. in order to handle them, this worked amazingly well with no harm to the t. this man has since moved out of the country to Switzerland. John Hoke bought the bulk of his collection. sorry I could not be more specific or helpful. BTW, I ended up adding that t in the picture to my collection.
Ed

Last edited: