Damn! Damn Crap Crap!

Bread

Arachnopeon
Just been woken up by something crawling up my arm, forgot to snap the lid on the locusts shut (it was only placed on) and now there are about 15 of the little 1cm buggers on the walls/behind the cupboards!

basin79

ArachnoGod
Just been woken up by something crawling up my arm, forgot to snap the lid on the locusts shut (it was only placed on) and now there are about 15 of the little 1cm buggers on the walls/behind the cupboards!
The solution. Let a few of your T's go to catch them. Problem solved.

Bread

Arachnopeon
Mr Jack (tomcat) got all the rest I think, I could hear him pounding around for about 4hours \o/

Bread

Arachnopeon
He's not the most graceful of things, he's a tom with his marbles intact to he's built like a pro wrestler.
My female jumps about like a ballerina, but he just bashes into and knocks stuff flying without caring lol.
It was 7am before I got to sleep :p

Thistles

Arachnobroad
Old Timer
My cat once ate about 20 crix then promptly barfed them onto my bed. Just a little warning.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
This is one area where I love crickets. I can forget to put on the lid and they will never leave the container.

LilTwister123

Arachnopeon
This is one area where I love crickets. I can forget to put on the lid and they will never leave the container.
Unless you have the egg crate too high. I gave a cricket to my hamster (he loves them) and didn't put the lid on. Turnes around to about 5 crickets on my bed :anxious::anxious:

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Unless you have the egg crate too high. I gave a cricket to my hamster (he loves them) and didn't put the lid on. Turnes around to about 5 crickets on my bed :anxious::anxious:
Is this a banded cricket? The only escapes I get are where I am retrieving them and in their attempt to escape me, one jumps on my arm and then runs up it until it can jump off to something external. I even temporarily transfer all of mine to 10" deep cereal plastic ware containers with no lid so that I can disinfect their primary home (which is a much deeper and larger tub). Petco puts their large crickets in a garbage can with no lid.

I prefer the paper towel cores over egg crates because it is easier to load up a cricket funnel and it only allows them to exit on the ends. Crickets can jump every which direction from egg crates.

LilTwister123

Arachnopeon
Is this a banded cricket? The only escapes I get are where I am retrieving them and in their attempt to escape me, one jumps on my arm and then runs up it until it can jump off to something external. I even temporarily transfer all of mine to 10" deep cereal plastic ware containers with no lid so that I can disinfect their primary home (which is a much deeper and larger tub). Petco puts their large crickets in a garbage can with no lid.

I prefer the paper towel cores over egg crates because it is easier to load up a cricket funnel and it only allows them to exit on the ends. Crickets can jump every which direction from egg crates.
I'm not sure exactly what they are, and my local reptile shop gives out free egg crate That's why I have it

Jeff23

Arachnolord
I'm not sure exactly what they are, and my local reptile shop gives out free egg crate That's why I have it
I still have to use egg crates a little too since I like to change mine out often. I get a bunch for free every time I mail order for crickets from Ghann Crickets. But I try to limit the egg crates as much as possible. The paper towel cores are the cardboard inserts inside a roll of paper towels or bathroom tissue.

I am about to stop using Petco as my source for crickets. On my last purchase they put 25 crickets in a plastic bag with no egg crate. They were out of the cardboard pieces. It sounded like popcorn popping as I drove them home. I think I lost a few from the hopping frenzy.