Daily care of Pandinus imperator

G. pulchra

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've been taking care for two P. Dictators for about two months now.They are very similar and It's pretty easy to care for!

I use a heatmat under the enclosure with about two inches of moist coco substrate and than two inches of sphagnum moss. The scorps hide under the moss at day and wonder over it for food at night. They say you should avoid heat lamps. You can stick the heat map on the side too.

Keep a thermostat in it and keep humidity up by spraying and water dish. I spray it maybe every other day unless it's been hotter then usual here. you dont want your soil driping a lot if you squeeze it. If it's to wet and their is not enough air circulation mold can grow.

I dont think your snakes lamp will be a problem. They may like the added heat.

Springtails and isopods should be fine

If they arnt warm enough they metabolism will drop and will be less active. They are pretty sturdy.

Good Luck!
With all due respect, you really need to become better acquainted before giving out such detailed advice. Two months is nothing, you haven't even seen the full life cycle of a scorpion.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It’s pretty easy. Say you have an adult, a 10 gal, bigger or a little smaller will work, 5 inches of moist sub(coco fiber works well). If you live in an air-conditioned room where it’s in the low 70s, it’s good to put a small heat mat on the side in a way so that some of the mat is heating the glass below the substrate level, something like a 4X7” mat is one I use, sometimes I use the one that’s approx 8X7”. You don’t have to heat the whole terr. Cover at least 90% of the top with glass, Plexiglas, plastic wrap, something like it. You won’t need any measuring tools then. A flat rock, a big tile on the surface, water bowl. That’s about it but you might think of placing the object it dig under or hides in next to the low wattage heat mat.

Mbrown

Arachnopeon
I've been taking care for two P. Dictators for about two months now.They are very similar and It's pretty easy to care for!

I use a heatmat under the enclosure with about two inches of moist coco substrate and than two inches of sphagnum moss. The scorps hide under the moss at day and wonder over it for food at night. They say you should avoid heat lamps. You can stick the heat map on the side too.

Keep a thermostat in it and keep humidity up by spraying and water dish. I spray it maybe every other day unless it's been hotter then usual here. you dont want your soil driping a lot if you squeeze it. If it's to wet and their is not enough air circulation mold can grow.

I dont think your snakes lamp will be a problem. They may like the added heat.

Springtails and isopods should be fine

If they arnt warm enough they metabolism will drop and will be less active. They are pretty sturdy.

Good Luck!
Hey how's it going, just a quick question if you don't mind. My P. dictator just had 13 babies, I was wondering if it was ok to keep all the babies in one tank, or should I separate them?

BentleyOEB

Arachnopeon
Just feed your dubias an variety of food so they can accumulate all the vitamins and minerals possible.

You can give it a pinkie every one in a while. They'll eat it whole. I've herd too much calcium is bad and could result in molt issues. I have a feeling they pass out what their bodies dony use. Dont take that as fact, I'm not a scientist.
Yikes!