D. Diamantinensis or C. Avicularia (1st spider!)?

C. Versicolor or D. Diamantinensis?

• Total voters

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Not sure why people say D. diamantinensis aren't suitable for beginners, they're no more difficult to keep than C. cyaneopubescens which is in every beginner species list going.

1. Max size Of each?
D. diamantinensis - about 3.5"
C. versicolor - About 5".

2. Which of these have heavier webbing?
Depends on the specimen, mine have constructed roughly equal amounts of webbing.

3. Which of these are most visible (burrows less)
Depends on specimen, I see my versi out more.

4. Which of these grow faster?
D. diamantinensis

5. Which of these are faster and jumpy.
D. diamantinensis - Faster
C. versicolor - Fast/jumpy

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
I'll move on from that suggestion yet again! Thanks, don't bother responding to my threads, I will manage without you in these forums. Plenty of others are knowledgeable as well.
Don't be so quick to dismiss viper, he's a grumpy old coot but you'll be hard pressed to find someone more experienced. He's blunt, but he's not trying to offend, it's just his way

ResinBomb

Arachnopeon
20220113_172727.jpg

Tiny versicolor sling and enclosure. Please do tons of research and don't buy into misinformation if you purchase this T as a first T.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Both have their pro/con‘s. I see my
versicolor everyday until it gets disturbed or decides it doesn’t want to make an appearance. Agree it’s a bit more ‘jumpy’ compared to my other avics; my Avicularia M6 is probably the most relaxed/chill of the bunch compared to one other. Gotta say the metallic sheen is equally, if not more impressive, than the colors on a versi IMO.

Thread is about one of two T’s, so I digressed. Versi purely for the visibility of the two choices in the vote. It does take more diligent husbandry attentiveness.

D. diamantinensis is pretty, but for the most part I only see my two every once a week or few weeks. And that’s only if the feeder doesn’t go into their lair and they finally come out to hunt the food down.

I like both, so hard one for me. I often setup my enclosures after the sling phase to provide the best shelter/hides and don’t build them to necessarily have them display a lot. Some if the best moments for me are seeing ones that come out less frequently and getting all excited.

pongdict

Arachnosquire
If I have to choose between the two I would choose C. versicolor. Get one that is at least 1.5" or larger, that way they are out of that sensitive stage and a little bit hardier. Still less forgiving with husbandry mistakes though. But you mentioned you will be doing lots of research anyway. Lots of info you can find in here. Good luck.