Cyriopagopus use of cork bark

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
This is what both of my Cyriopagopus have done in their enclosure. As you can see she has filled the tube with sub, made her burrow and even webbed over the entrance. Cool way to make her burrow deeper.

IMG_2981.JPG

basin79

ArachnoGod
This is what both of my Cyriopagopus have done in their enclosure. As you can see she has filled the tube with sub, made her burrow and even webbed over the entrance. Cool way to make her burrow deeper.

View attachment 227592
My Cyriopagopus only has around 2-3" of sub so she's dug down and made a cone that extends above the substrate.

14pokies

Arachnoprince

View attachment 227592
Thats actually pretty cool man.. Did you fill the cork bark with sub and poke a hole to encourage it to burrow there or did it choose that spot on its own?

Matttoadman

Arachnoknight
I cut a bark tube at an angle and sunk it a few inches down into the sub. Both of my females did this all in one night. It appears they climbed into the tube and dug a deep burrow underneath, kicking the sub into the tube. Then they continued the burrow inside the tube. It is lined with silk and very smooth looking. The front looks like you took a knife across the opening of the tube and smoothed out the sub flush with the bark. This is in a 5.5 gallon tank.

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
My H. sp. "Colombia" small did this as well! It's really awesome how they adapt to whatever surroundings they're placed in.

basin79

ArachnoGod
My Cyriopagopus only has around 2-3" of sub so she's dug down and made a cone that extends above the substrate.
I'll admit whilst the above post is absolutely correct I was expecting to be brought to book on the lack of substrate. To which I was going to reply with "But my girl is a Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati". Alas the bait wasn't taken. And I am forced to give up master plan.