Cyriopagopus sp Hati Hati

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
Heya,

I am getting 2 Cyriopagopus Hati Hati Slings but I can find very few info on these on the net, maybe I am using the wrong terms?

I was wondering how big these beauties get and what their enclosure should look like?

I know they are arboreal but also read they need a lot of substrate, which most arboreals don't need?

Any advise, tips etc etc is welcome

I have experience with OW arboreals but the mix information I read about these species get me doubting how to keep them as slings and adults.

Thanks in advance

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
i kept mine as a Haplopelma till about 2.5". i now have it in a 32oz deli filled slightly less than half way with substrate, it has a burrow under ground but comes out on the sides of the cage, never on the ground. i think they become more arboreal as they grow.,
they are now called Ornithoctoninae sp. Hatihati btw.
very defensive and skittish, enjoy.

cold blood

Staff member
Actually with the exception of avicularia, and possibly iridopelma, most arboreals burrow almost till adulthood, when they actually become more arboreal...so for OW arboreals you should be prepared for them to burrow and offer a little more sub.

Basically all ow arboreals should have damp sub, good cross ventilation and much good cover....they eat well and grow fast. Reclusive and generally unfriendly with serious venom.

I believe hati hati gets into the 8" range.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
i kept mine as a Haplopelma till about 2.5". i now have it in a 32oz deli filled slightly less than half way with substrate, it has a burrow under ground but comes out on the sides of the cage, never on the ground. i think they become more arboreal as they grow.,
they are now called Ornithoctoninae sp. Hatihati btw.
very defensive and skittish, enjoy.
Thx They are very beautiful, guess the enjoying part start with slow as slings and becomes more once they show their arboreal skills! I didn't know aboutbthe name change, thanks again :D

Actually with the exception of avicularia, and possibly iridopelma, most arboreals burrow almost till adulthood, when they actually become more arboreal...so for OW arboreals you should be prepared for them to burrow and offer a little more sub.

Basically all ow arboreals should have damp sub, good cross ventilation and much good cover....they eat well and grow fast. Reclusive and generally unfriendly with serious venom.

I believe hati hati gets into the 8" range.
Thanks, very useful!

I knew most sling burrow but also did read somewhere they required a lot of substrate as adults for burrowing, which threw me off

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
what about Pachistopelma?
They don't burrow or at least mine hasn't yet. I have cork bark and fake plants in it's enclosure it does web but it sort of covers the canopy at the top of it's fake trees it's not webbed like an Avicularia. I don't know why but it tends to rest half way between the ground and the top of the enclosure sort of inside the fake plants

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Easy to care for - deep, damp sub, a bark slab and water dish. They're actually one of the smaller Cyriopagopus, reaching around 5-6'' LS.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I got 6 Cyriopagopus Hati Hati slings (about the size of a tick) in a bug trade last month and they have been doing well. I've been keeping them in 2oz condiment cups with damp substrate. They started out with a piece of drinking straw for a hide but they quickly made a raised burrows. I have been feeding them day old dubia roach babies (several times a week) which they seem to like. I give them good ventilation and I do a small spritz of water on the side of the cup once or twice a week as needed.

Once they get bigger I'll be moving them to 32oz deli cups and a bottle cap water dish. I'll be providing a nice cork piece and a few inches of substrate. Finish up with some fake plants at the bottom and middle of the enclosure for cover.

ARspiders

Arachnosquire
I got 6 Cyriopagopus Hati Hati slings (about the size of a tick) in a bug trade last month and they have been doing well. I've been keeping them in 2oz condiment cups with damp substrate. They started out with a piece of drinking straw for a hide but they quickly made a raised burrows. I have been feeding them day old dubia roach babies (several times a week) which they seem to like. I give them good ventilation and I do a small spritz of water on the side of the cup once or twice a week as needed.

Once they get bigger I'll be moving them to 32oz deli cups and a bottle cap water dish. I'll be providing a nice cork piece and a few inches of substrate. Finish up with some fake plants at the bottom and middle of the enclosure for cover.
Thx Trenor

They are only 1st or 2nd instar so I guess I'll start them out in a tall pill vial with lots of substrate