Cyriopagopus sp. Blue

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Nah, but I've got a co-habitating pair, set up in a large tank, with plenty of substrate and a large chunk of bark. She's webbed up a tube behind the bark, and dug a little bit. I spray the cage every once in awhile.

-Sean

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You dont need a caresheet. Keep them the same as P regalis and they will do fine with the exception that I use deeper substrate especially for the juveniles as they will burrow and/or make a web and substrate "turret or tube" along the sides of the tank or cork bark that is stacked inside the tank

ornata

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
cyriopagopus need it more humid, since it usually can be found in rainforest, while p. regalis only can be found in moonson forest;)

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
cyriopagopus need it more humid, since it usually can be found in rainforest, while p. regalis only can be found in moonson forest;)
As long as the substrate stays a little moist that is all the humidity they need, believe me

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i have been thinking of making a container to hold water with an air stone that would bubble up thru the water and huidify the enclosure .would have to keep it full of water but ...

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You dont need a caresheet. Keep them the same as P regalis and they will do fine with the exception that I use deeper substrate especially for the juveniles as they will burrow and/or make a web and substrate "turret or tube" along the sides of the tank or cork bark that is stacked inside the tank
ok ill look up P. regalis care sheet then lol
I never had any pokies . Only one that really appeals to me is the metallica but they are over priced lol
I do like the pokies tho , just not enough i guess lol

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
Temp.

I would suggest keeping Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" in a cooler environment than a P. regalis. The slings and juveniles seem to do well at 78-80, but the adults definitely seem less stressed at 72-76.

Last edited:

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I would suggest keeping Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" in a cooler environment than a P. regalis. The slings and juveniles seem to do well at 78-80, but the adults definitely seem less stressed at 72-76.
so pretty much if i am comfortable they will be happy?

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Do it like this. Now a full sized adult will be too large for this 1 gallon jar and I will soon have to move this one to something different like an Exo Terra but this will hold one til it gets up to about 4-5 inches which doesnt take long to get there

If you start out with a small sling do it like this

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Do it like this. Now a full sized adult will be too large for this 1 gallon jar and I will soon have to move this one to something different like an Exo Terra but this will hold one til it gets up to about 4-5 inches which doesnt take long to get there

If you start out with a small sling do it like this

left the pics out of the quote since they are too big lol
thats cool, mine was about 1" but molted like yesterday so not sure how big now.
I thought they were supposed to be arboreal?!? they look like arboreals wiht those foot pads. and thats what i read... I was hoping not to have another pet hole lol
however, my pet holes i have now only one is really a pet hole lol and thats H. gigas. i am hoping it will be a diving spider soon lol

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are arboreal. They are like H mac and Psalmopoeus spp in that they construct a tube and cover it with substrate. As they get larger they will be a little less inclined to that but still dont make the good display sp that a Poke does.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They are arboreal. They are like H mac and Psalmopoeus spp in that they construct a tube and cover it with substrate. As they get larger they will be a little less inclined to that but still dont make the good display sp that a Poke does.
well at least they are closer to my price range than a blue pokie lol

and are very docile and never throw a threat or try to bite or anythign ... i hear that they are very good handling Ts ...

JUST KIDDING

Andyn6969

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I got 1 about 6 months ago its a juvi , i just keep her in a medium size faunarium its made a very clever tunnel up the front of the bark at 1 side of faunarium right down to the bottom which goes up from a burrow she has made! I just keep her in bout 70 to 75f temp ,misting now and again!! There very fast theres been a couple of times shes bolted out when trying to sort her cage out and then i have a very intrestring mission trying to catch her haha!! Yeah i agree they are fast growers also only my L.Para and L. Klugi marginally ahead on growth speed! Shes doing fine expecting another molt soon {D

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
yeah, my blues are kept fairly dry/waterdish,misting weekly,corkhide and they do great in this setup,great spiders they are:clap:

christin

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmm...

Kinda concerned about about mine, she's probibly about 1 - 1.5 inches now. Her burrow is so complex that I don't think she's finding food. She made a burrow behind and under a peice of corkbark, from the top to the bottom. Those clever crickets are collecting themselves in a very small space that she can't get to. I'm debating if I should mess with the corkbark. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Kinda concerned about about mine, she's probibly about 1 - 1.5 inches now. Her burrow is so complex that I don't think she's finding food. She made a burrow behind and under a peice of corkbark, from the top to the bottom. Those clever crickets are collecting themselves in a very small space that she can't get to. I'm debating if I should mess with the corkbark. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
try this....put the water as far away as you can from where the crickets are hiding and they'll have to risk their life to get water...if you move the cork bark you could mess up your T"s hiding areas. once all the crickets are out of that hiding place (without moving the corkbark) try to pack it with something so you can keep them out of there.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I've always wondered if that would work
if you bubble air thru water it will pick up as much water as it can hold and then enter the Ts enclosure. What i dont know is if it will really help as you also need good ventilation . so it may just be a very minor increase. also, you run risk of bacteria multiplying in the water, which i would use a piece of silver in it to try to cut that down and also the water would go pretty fast in dryer areas.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
if you bubble air thru water it will pick up as much water as it can hold and then enter the Ts enclosure. What i dont know is if it will really help as you also need good ventilation . so it may just be a very minor increase. also, you run risk of bacteria multiplying in the water, which i would use a piece of silver in it to try to cut that down and also the water would go pretty fast in dryer areas.
IMO that is going overboard. Sure it might work but there is an easier solution and that is simply pouring about a 1/2 cup of water on the substrate when it starts looking dryish. If you are lazy like me that method is the way to go LOL