Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" True captive breeding

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
Anyone in the US produce a good Cyriopagopus sp. "blue" eggsac from a captive breeding this year?

(Captive means female molted at least once in your care before she produced the sac)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
might want to ask goliath on here.i know he was breeding them.there cb often in europe.good article about cyrio breeding in one of the last bts journals

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Nothing happened with the first breeding, but my female molted again and I have my second male mature. Lets hope for good things from this one.

mike

tarantulas.com

Arachnopeon
Goliath

Good to hear that someone else is working on these. We had a couple of WC sacs late in 2006. I just had a female that molted in late October, and was bred to a WC MM in early November, drop a sac. It looks great, but we'll just have to wait and see.
I can definitely say that all of the confirmed gravid females I've seen are incredible fat. The opisthosoma swells, and becomes very black and smooth, with stretch marks being present all around it. My females that have molted never became this fat.

Goliath

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Congrats on the sac, hope all goes well. Both males that I have had were captive born ones that I reaised up, so it took a little longer to get them ready. I have a smaller female that I may try with this male but I will see. My friend has a female that is not that much smaller than my big girl and she will hopefully get bred too.

mike