Cyriopagopus paganus ~ info. Please!!

Jada

Arachnopeon
I have recently bought a Cyriopagopus paganus (Thai Tiger), it is only mid sized currently, & when it arrived (via special mail) it looked healthy & although slightly sluggish (due to the cold weather no doubt), otheriwse okay.
I have it in a decent sized tank, roughly 40% full of substrate, with a water dish & a large roll of sturdy bark which is 70% buried into the substrate with only the top poking through, giving a good cover. I have the temp. set around 20 Deg.C & the humidity at around 80-90%...
The Cyriopagopus paganus has made its home happily beneath the bark shelter, with a few obvious new holes it has escavated by itself. The one lone cricket I placed into the tank has vanished, so I assume it has eaten it okay!! The Cyriopagopus has clearly been actively webbing in its underground lair also!!
My only question for now is how openly active is this species? In the 5 days I have owned it I have only seen it out of its shelter just once (this was around 2am in the morning as I was getting in from a friends & I poked my head round the door to check it was okay re: temp & humidity)...
Since then I have only glimpsed views of this species down one of the holes, its clearly settled & active underground, but it hasn't appeared to have surfaced now in 3 days? Is this usual behaviour for this species? I really dont want to disturb it to check its okay basically if this is usual behaviour!! I'm quite happy to leave it to 'settle in', so to speak...
Any info. on this species would be gratefully recieved as I have been unable to find a great deal of information in any books I have or online...

Many thanks, Ja. :)

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

N.B. - I have used the latin name that the animal was advertised under, although searching similar threads on here, some believe this sp. to be a Haplopelma aureopilosum (Thai Black) ~ the pics on here do look very similar to the T. that I have just recieved!! Although the markings on the back of mine seem finer & more clearly white in appearance! Also, the black area of carapice (have I spelt that right) looks a much deeper, almost glossy black!!
I have a photo, but having problems uploading it ~ will try again later...

Cheers once again folks!! Ja! :)

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
The Cyriopagopus Paganus is very similar to Haplopelma Longipes so yeah that is very similar bc Haplopelmas that are kept with deep substrate ae no more than pet holes!!! They are very interesting T's but by far the worst if you want an active or display T. All my Haplos are active at night when there is absolutely no light what so ever so I get to see them for maybe one minute after I turn the light on in the morning to get ready. So yea I would say your not going to see this guy very often and it is perfectly normal.

Jada

Arachnopeon
Thanks Armstrong ~ I have just searched further on this very informative site under 'Cyriopagopus paganus' & found some very useful info. already ~ basically aiming at 'Yes' they are a burrowing species & 'no' you wont see it very often!! ;)
But thats okay, no worries, as long as I know to not disturb it!! Also, the 'bath technique' when cleaning the tank is very useful regarding the speed of this species!!!
I shant go to into the difference in the scientific name as this appears to be a very confusing & in depth thread to go down...
For now I have at least got some information I didn't have prior ~ cheers folks, all very usefull.
Any other help or advice regarding this species is of course greatly welcome & recieved!!

Cheers again.... Ja! :)

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Ah... One other thing also please... I'm looking at purchasing a Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Starburst Baboon) next... So, any info. on this species also please would be very useful & helpful to me!!... Obviously, I am not concerned about it being an aggressive species!!

Ta!... Ja!... :)

Axsisdnied

Arachnopeon
They are cool looking!!

I thought about getting an OBT as well. I hear they web a lot and stay pretty hidden. Kinda like GBB. They are cool looking however, I do hear the bite is strong so be careful not to handle. Let me know how it goes I still want to get one.