cyriopagopus list

hunterc

Arachnopeon
New to AB, so this is my first thread....since joining and seeing a few posts about multiple cyriopagopus, they have REALLY caught my attention to say the least. I was wondering if someone could provide a list of all the cyriopagopus sp. names? With all the research ive done new sp. pop up everytime
So far ive found
Lividus, albostriatus, hainanus, longipes, minax.
I know im missing a handful though

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
These are the main Cyriopagopus sp. that are available to the hobby:

C. lividus
C. minax
C. albostriatus
C. doriae
C. schmidti
C. vonwirthi
C. longipes
C. hainanus
C. robustus
C. sp. “Big Black” (I personally believe that this is a C. minax/C. vonwirthi hybrid)

Theneil

Arachnoprince
So all described/accepted species can be found on the world spider catalouge. Undescribed species are tougher though.

i am unaware of any all enompacing list, bur to name a few:

sp vietnam blue
sp black satan
sp electric blue
sp. 'Saraburi'

EDIT. IGNORE the above species. Not sure how/why i got chilobrachys mixed up with Curiopagopus mixed up, But all the ones i mentioned are the wrong genus, because i’m a dumb dumb. :banghead::astronaut::dead:

Last edited:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
So all described/accepted species can be found on the world spider catalogue. Undescribed species are tougher though.

i am unaware of any all encompassing list, but to name a few:

sp vietnam blue
sp black satan
sp electric blue
sp. 'Saraburi'
Aren't some of these Chilobrachys species (the top three, at least)?

Your main point stands though, that only properly described species will appear in the WSC. Any that are pending classification, with "sp. <Name>" following the genus, will not appear in the list as they are yet undescribed.

Teds ts and Inverts

Arachnobaron
So all described/accepted species can be found on the world spider catalouge. Undescribed species are tougher though.

i am unaware of any all enompacing list, bur to name a few:

sp vietnam blue
sp black satan
sp electric blue
sp. 'Saraburi'
These are Chilobrachys, not Cyriopagopus :)

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
sp. hati hati as well. Although, as far as I’m concerned it should probably be moved to Omothymus at some point.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
Aren't some of these Chilobrachys species (the top three, at least)?

Your main point stands though, that only properly described species will appear in the WSC. Any that are pending classification, with "sp. <Name>" following the genus, will not appear in the list as they are yet undescribed.
Yes, all of them... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: