Cyriopagopus albostriatus and Idiothele mira care

Depro900

Arachnopeon
Hey guys I was just wondering on care for the Cyriopagopus albostriatus formerly (Haplopelma albostriatum) and the Idiothele mira as I can't find specifics anywhere on their care. I've read keep them dry and also keep them moist. Also the Idiothele mira is a baboon I think? Any help would be appreciated! :)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I. mira are extremely easy to take care of. I wrote about them in various posts here, search for my posts. I keep mira dry. BUT I always provided it a water bowl, and my female does use it on ocassion. Mira is a baboon.

@Trenor has some pics of his mira's homes after I provided a pretty detailed description. They burrow and the substrate increases in height by about 2"

Depro900

Arachnopeon
I. mira are extremely easy to take care of. I wrote about them in various posts here, search for my posts. I keep mira dry. BUT I always provided it a water bowl, and my female does use it on ocassion. Mira is a baboon.

@Trenor has some pics of his mira's homes after I provided a pretty detailed description. They burrow and the substrate increases in height by about 2"

Thats awesome! So could I keep one the same as you would keep a P.muticus? Also where do you get those taller enclosures they look great!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats awesome! So could I keep one the same as you would keep a P.muticus? Also where do you get those taller enclosures they look great!
Just give it substrate and a cork slab against the container wall and it will make a trap door. They are the only terrestrial trap door tarantula.

Vendor was The Container Store

Mira are great, they are not that defensive, prefer to run to their hide. They are fast when they choose to be. When above they tend to make a lot of toe movements when searching for trap door when scared.

Be careful in observing without lid on, they don't always find their trap door and could take to Container wall and leave hah

That box is about 4-5" wide and the same height.
It's a cube. It's made by AMAC

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I. Mira dry with waterdish and room temps.

Cyrio damp(not saturated) sub and a little warmer.

Both should be given generous amounts of sub as both are obligate burrowers

Depro900

Arachnopeon
Just give it substrate and a cork slab against the container wall and it will make a trap door. They are the only terrestrial trap door tarantula.

Vendor was The Container Store

Mira are great, they are not that defensive, prefer to run to their hide. They are fast when they choose to be. When above they tend to make a lot of toe movements when searching for trap door when scared.

Be careful in observing without lid on, they don't always find their trap door and could take to Container wall and leave hah

That box is about 4-5" wide and the same height.
It's a cube. It's made by AMAC
Perfect thank you!