Cyriocosmus = pet hole?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Gorgeous genus, but not sure I want a pet hole. I'm guessing a 2.5 gallon critter keeper would be fine for any adult member of this genus?

TomM

Arachnobaron of Pennsylvania
Old Timer
Gorgeous genus, but not sure I want a pet hole. I'm guessing a 2.5 gallon critter keeper would be fine for any adult member of this genus?
Right now I have 3 C.elegans that are about .5" - .75" and they are living in small vials. I started a small burrow up against the side of the vial and they've completed their burrows which are completely visable against the side. That's how I've been able to moniter most of my "pet hole" species, by starting them off against the side. As for a 2.5g tank, should be perfect for an adult, might even be a little large depending on the species.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I have about seventy something Cyriocosmus slings right now, and while they all burrow, they usually have some kind of elaborate webbed part on the surface and are usually out.

A 2.5 gallon would make a great diplay enclosure if done properly, if a bit large. If space is a concern, they can be comfortably housed in something much smaller.