Cyriocosmus Giganteus info

h55d

Arachnosquire
Hello,

I can't find anything about them.
Do you house it like any normal terrestrial?

What size do they get? How is their temperament? Quite docile like other Cyriocosmus? Less reclusive I believe?

Thank you

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I had the only individual in Canada for a few years, but now they are starting to be imported more and have come down in price significantly. My female is just about full grown now - in only a couple of years. She is currently measuring 3"DLS. I had heard that they can reach around 3.5" for adult females. I would assume that males would mature in the same amount of time as other Cyriocosmus, which in my experience is 10-14 months.
They are fast growing, have voracious appetites and do not fast. They are extremely fast and skittish. I have never seen any defensive behaviour from any Cyriocosmus, but I would never consider them as being 'docile'. Compared to all the other dwarfs I have kept, and I have kept over a dozen different species with seven of those species from Cyriocosmus, this girl is one of my most visible. However, she is skittish and will duck into her hide when disturbed. If she has no hide, or has not had a chance to establish herself in her home, she will bolt right out of her enclosure. They don't web up and will burrow as spiderlings. I keep them primarily dry with a wet area around the water dish that they seem to be indifferent to. They all have a hide and a water dish. Spiderlings are kept a bit more damp.
This spider was my most expensive spiderling to date. Only adult females have cost me more than this spiderling.
My girl has made some considerable appearance changes throughout her life and is currently looking very purple. Here is her growth timeline.

March 5, 2018 she has already gained a bit of size here, since it took me a while to decide to purchase her. The breeder had her for a few months/moults.

May 27, 2018

November 12, 2019

January 31, 2020 and also her current look.

Lolth62

Arachnosquire
How cute I love the pattern on the abdomen looks like a heart