Cyriocosmus elegans breeding

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
So I finally got around to pairing up my C. elegans. I have 2 matures males (one that hooked out about 5 months ago and one that hooked out this month). I finally decided to give the older male a go with this female just to see how receptive she would be to the fresher male. They aren't the best pics since my apartment is not well lit, but he appears to have gotten some insertions (before she ate him that is).

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Good luck! And heed Varden's advice on raising the slings, as they're quite delicate.

-Sean

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I wasn't sure that this breeding took, so I tried pairing this female up today with my other male. She came out of her burrow but was quite sluggish, showed him no interest (not even aggression), and she's HUGE! So I'm starting to think that she may be gravid. Fingers crossed! Thankfully I am sending off the rest of my last sac this week, so there will be space again for another. Going to try the male with my other female later today once she finishes eating. Wish me luck!

BedroomEyzOfBlu

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats on the mating - I hope it was a success - it's a shame the male didn't make it but let's hope his legacy lives on.

I have a pair of C. elegans that I've tried to mate several times. The male is willing but as soon as the female makes any movements, he's outta there like lightning lol. I'll keep trying and hope they actually connect.

Looking forward to hearing more about ur mating - egg sac - babies :)