Cyriocosmus eggsac

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The LPS I worked at years back had a Cyriocosmus species, not sure which one. But the deli cup it was delivered in happened to have an eggsac, what type of humidity and temperature should it be kept at, also how long does it take for these ones to hatch, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh no.. This is the "American" side... {D ;P

P.S. Im just kidding!

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The LPS I worked at years back had a Cyriocosmus species, not sure which one. But the deli cup it was delivered in happened to have an eggsac, what type of humidity and temperature should it be kept at, also how long does it take for these ones to hatch, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Well if the female isnt with the sack then its most likely a dud...its Not common that someone shipping a T would include an egg sack or even ship a female that was carrying a sack. are you sure it is what you say? not that i doubt you or that i am calling you a liar but its highly unlikely this is the case. do you have pictures to determine what we are talking about and further more, how to properly take care of said item? also if this IS an egg sack let me know who the distributor is becuz that is a very stupid thing to do.
hope this helps.

Oh no.. This is the "American" side... {D ;P

P.S. Im just kidding!
ummm....What???? lol

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well if the female isnt with the sack then its most likely a dud...its Not common that someone shipping a T would include an egg sack or even ship a female that was carrying a sack. are you sure it is what you say? not that i doubt you or that i am calling you a liar but its highly unlikely this is the case. do you have pictures to determine what we are talking about and further more, how to properly take care of said item? also if this IS an egg sack let me know who the distributor is becuz that is a very stupid thing to do.
hope this helps.

ummm....What???? lol
Tommy thinks he's missing out by not being allowed into the Candian forum {D{D

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
No Tommys in Canada allowed!:mad:

Anyway, as for the eggsac, you just have to incubate 'em like any other eggsac, only it'll be smaller.
Look up the breeding reports for the various Cyriocosmus sp. on the breeding report board to get an idea on when they hatch.
I really dont think this is a valid sack. it's boggling my mind that someone would not only ship a female carrying a sack but that the female keep it and tend to it during shipping. Is it maybe a food bolus?

Leviticus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really dont think this is a valid sack. it's boggling my mind that someone would not only ship a female carrying a sack but that the female keep it and tend to it during shipping. Is it maybe a food bolus?
Not unless the food bolus gets as big as the actual spider. It most likely is a dud, but I was just curious in case it wasn't really.

pouchedrat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
They hatch pretty damn fast, so if it's not a dud, be prepared for VERY tiny babies! They'll eat chopped up insect bits when they're ready...