Cyress Mulch for BP:Yay or Nay?

Kingslayer

Arachnopeon
I have recently acquired a young ball python. My parents had over 30 when I was a kid but they only ever used paper towels and newspaper as cage substrate. I would like something nicer looking than that and I have been using coconut fibers (which have been working well) but it is expensive. I have researched and googled and read forum after forum but I still don't know how I stand on cypress mulch. It would be much cheaper and help with humidity but will it really be Ok for my baby? I don't want it to give her mites or make her sick in any way. I have heard to bake it, not bake it. Some spray theirs with something whereas others just toss it right in the cage. I have never been this lost because of a simple bag of mulch. Any advice??

igotcrabs

Arachnopeon
I like sani chips, but I also keep my snakes in a rack system. Easy to change, clean, makes maitanance simple.

igotcrabs

Arachnopeon
Sani chips are basically finely shredded aspen. They hold humidity well, never had shed issues from it, and they aren't as dusty as regular shredded aspen.

igotcrabs

Arachnopeon
You can probably find it in stores. I buy it online. Bulk 22 pounds for like 20 bucks. Joshs frogs carries it, I've bought from them, always a good expierience.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
You can probably find it in stores. I buy it online. Bulk 22 pounds for like 20 bucks. Joshs frogs carries it, I've bought from them, always a good expierience.
Where online do you buy these from will you share the website please?