Cyclosternum fasciatum

Tang

Arachnopeon
hi all, i was goin to get a pair of this. but before that, I would like to research a bit and also needs suggestion from u guys.
Are they easy to mate??
wat is their adult size? 3"?
thanks in advance

spiderworld

Arachnosquire
hi all, i was goin to get a pair of this. but before that, I would like to research a bit and also needs suggestion from u guys.
Are they easy to mate??
thanks in advance
Hey! ive bred them 3 times! with 760 babies with the one!
I find them avarage to mate not as diff as some! but not as easy as others!
just make sure your female is well fed prior to mate! if she is well fed you have a better chance things will run smoothly & she will make a sack sooner cause she is already fat! my first bred female hadnt been fattened up proper! but i was worried the male was going to die soon! they mated then she ate him! she laid a sack 4 months later! the other 2 times the females were fat before mate, they went well and they produced a sack about 1.5 months later! they are also very easy spiders to keep! they dont need any special care!
My adult females are between 3 & 4 inch Ls

hope this helps!

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
I've got a c. fasciatum sling, and it's a very easy baby to take care of, eats like a demon!!!
And if you give it enough substrate to burrow, it'll only stay below ground when it's in pre-molt, or if it's too hot, otherwise it's a very visible t.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Are they easy to mate??
thanks in advance
I dont have very much experience with breeding this species. I have only tried twice, but from my experiences and from what I have read in the breeding reports, they are trickier to mate than the other (very) few species that I have paired. Also, I read that the female seems to be a little more prone to eat the male. Of course that could just be the individual personality of the female in question. And I have also read (again, thanks to the breeding reports) that C.fasciatum eggsacs tend to range from as low as 200 to as high as 600+. And it seems that the gestation period for this species is very short. Some have made sacs within 19 days to a month after the first pairing.

Tang

Arachnopeon
Hey! ive bred them 3 times! with 760 babies with the one!
I find them avarage to mate not as diff as some! but not as easy as others!
just make sure your female is well fed prior to mate! if she is well fed you have a better chance things will run smoothly & she will make a sack sooner cause she is already fat! my first bred female hadnt been fattened up proper! but i was worried the male was going to die soon! they mated then she ate him! she laid a sack 4 months later! the other 2 times the females were fat before mate, they went well and they produced a sack about 1.5 months later! they are also very easy spiders to keep! they dont need any special care!
My adult females are between 3 & 4 inch Ls

hope this helps!
wow, thanks... helps out a lot...
my male and female were both 3" LS. claim the seller that the female molted recently,and the male had his sperm web made two days ago...:D

Now, i would like to attemp on my 1st mating plan, but i need some question answered before anything gone wrong..
1.should i wait for the female to molt again?(claim seller molted recently)
2.can the male sperm web last long?(need to introduce once web made)
3.should i feed the female well before the attemp?(scare may molt after mate)
4.how many times i need to attemp?
5.what should i get ready for the process?to avoid anything bad?? a tong to separate them if the female tries to attack??

Thanks all for the input too.....
cvant wait to get my first sack.....:D

Last edited:

Tang

Arachnopeon
I've got a c. fasciatum sling, and it's a very easy baby to take care of, eats like a demon!!!
And if you give it enough substrate to burrow, it'll only stay below ground when it's in pre-molt, or if it's too hot, otherwise it's a very visible t.
Great!!!!
how deep the substrate should i provide for a 3" adult?

I dont have very much experience with breeding this species. I have only tried twice, but from my experiences and from what I have read in the breeding reports, they are trickier to mate than the other (very) few species that I have paired. Also, I read that the female seems to be a little more prone to eat the male. Of course that could just be the individual personality of the female in question. And I have also read (again, thanks to the breeding reports) that C.fasciatum eggsacs tend to range from as low as 200 to as high as 600+. And it seems that the gestation period for this species is very short. Some have made sacs within 19 days to a month after the first pairing.
Wow!! a sack from 19 days...
that'll be great be, i dun need to wait so long for my 1st sack...lol..

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
how deep the substrate should i provide for a 3" adult?
With a question like this.. ^

I am going to suggest that you do a tad bit more research before you attempt breeding.. Just my thoughts though.. :rolleyes:

Tang

Arachnopeon
With a question like this.. ^

I am going to suggest that you do a tad bit more research before you attempt breeding.. Just my thoughts though.. :rolleyes:
LOL...., ya.. actually i'm providing like 4-5" of subs.. but just wanna make sure wat's the best for them in opinion...lol