Cyclocosmia ricketti "Guangxi Turret Rump Trapdoor Spider"

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Yeah, I almost posted that link! Found just this past March... :drool:

I agree not quite as drastic a truncation, but still very cool!

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
but I need to find out if they are protected.
I wouldnt be surprized if all these species (exotic and native alike) were hanging on the edge trouble and probably shouldnt be collected.
If/when u find out any info regarding protection status of our US natives...please update us. ;)

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
protected

I wouldnt be surprized if all these species (exotic and native alike) were hanging on the edge trouble and probably shouldnt be collected.
If/when u find out any info regarding protection status of our US natives...please update us. ;)
I am pretty sure they are not protected. They have hardly ever been collected really.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As long as the habitat is left alone...

(since I assume their is not enough interest in these to get people to collect entire populations...please don't do that!)

KenTheBugGuy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
yes

(since I assume their is not enough interest in these to get people to collect entire populations...please don't do that!)

I agree no reason to rape the enviroment. Its better to just collect a few and have enough that they can still populate again for the collecting the next year. Thats the biggest mistake new collectors make I think is going and picking up every last one they can of something.

The Flork

Arachnopeon
I think theres no interest simply because no ones ever seen them haha aside from these boards, no one iv shown it to has seen anything like it.
i mean you put this thing next to a regular black or red trap door, i can't see any one giving the regular one a second look ever again haha

these guys are magical haha

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer

I would be only interested in acquiring enough to provide captive bred specimens to distribute, and perhaps offer some to others with the understanding that they would be attempting to breed them as well. The goal being to make them available without the need for further disruption of habitat and disturbing of populations.

Obviously these present a great challenge: first, finding one of those isolated populations, second, and possibly the biggest challenge, procuring some males.