Cutest spiderlings?

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
What species in your opinion has the cutest spiderlings? I for one think P. muticus has pretty adorable little fluff balls
http://www.newenglandreptileshop.com/product/pelinobius-muticus-tarantula-for-sale/
T. blondi looks pretty funny too
http://ricardoelizondo.deviantart.com/art/Theraphosa-Blondi-sling-183361482
And so does T. apophysis. Those pink feet look like baby pajamas with feet on them
http://s70.photobucket.com/user/cyriopagopus/media/sm_apo1.jpg.html
And last but not least, we have A. versicolors. That blue color is so awesome and aww-worthy.
http://arachnoboards.com/gallery/a-versicolor.38740/

Last edited:

Shudragon

Arachnopeon
Versicolors normally win this. I personally love my little Eauthlus sp red.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
How about H. sp Columbia? Babies with adult coloration are great, especially when they have great colors and are super feisty :D

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
IMG_0573.JPG I think chaco babies are pretty cute. Here's mine before the last molt! All of 1.5 inches DLS

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
As far as tarantulas slings go, I would have to say that Avicularia are the cutest due to their long, gangly legs and oversized tarsal pads. These features remind me of puppies.

Last edited:

Nephila Edulis

Arachnoknight
I can't decide, I want to love them all! But I do quite like the Avicularia's oversized pads and the colour of the A. versicolors

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
What species in your opinion has the cutest spiderlings? I for one think P. muticus has pretty adorable little fluff balls
View attachment 232572
T. blondi looks pretty funny too
View attachment 232573
And so does T. apophysis. Those pink feet look like baby pajamas with feet on them
View attachment 232574
And last but not least, we have A. versicolors. That blue color is so awesome and aww-worthy.
View attachment 232575
Like your question :)
But unless those pics are yours, you're not allowed to post them ;). You have to link them like ColdBlood has done.
I think Psalmopoeus slings look cute, same oversized footpads as Avics though a little less fuzzy. I like their coloration as well.
But face it....ALL spiderlings are cute. :D

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
What? That's dumb
So your OK with copyright infringement? At least one of the pics you posted is watermarked/copyrighted. Some people spend thousands on camera equipment and countless hours to perfect their technique, they deserve the credit/right to say if its OK to use.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Some people spend thousands on camera equipment and countless hours to perfect their technique, they deserve the credit/right to say if its OK to use.
I fit that description, and I'll tell you the real deal: If you don't want your photos to be stolen, you need to keep them offline. Consider anything you upload to be taken. That's just the attitude of the internet. Copyright law protects the photographer on paper, but is rarely enforced. Some people use watermarks to minimize this, but small ones are removed easily, and large ones ruin the enjoyment of the photo. My solution is to only upload a low resolution image that shows limited detail...if someone wants the original file to make a print on their wall, for example, they can pay (a very modest amount) for it. Macro is a challenging and specialized area of photography that not everyone can do, so I don't feel guilty about charging for the full-sized images that show so much detail that you can count the nose hairs of an insect. If someone wants to use a low resolution photo for a blog or something like that, odds are they will take it, use it, and I will never even know about it.

Last edited: