Cute little scorpion

Savvo

Arachnopeon
I found this little guy up in the hills by Auburn, CA under a rock in a strip mined canyon. It is no bigger than a quarter. It has slender, forcep-like claws that hook inward at the tips, and is brownish in color. Does anyone have an ID on this? Anyway, I was mainly trying to find an S. polymorpha, but haven't seen any since I was a kid, and can't remember where I was when I saw them. Does anyone know of a decent area to catch them within an hour or two drive from Sacramento? Anyway, this is only my second post, so hopefully I attached the picture properly :) . It's nice to find a group of people who don't shun you for your interests.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know the ID on the scorp but I had some luck around Grass Valley finding pedes. Good luck in your quest!

Diggy415

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i live in lassen co and about 3 hrs from you lots up here for the taking, i have 7 in my custody ill be releasing to make room for T's.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
What directions have you been driving? I remember seeing one as a kid down here in Fresno County. But I haven't seen one since. Then again, I do not know how to look for pedes.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey,

Definitely a Vaejovid, but I was thinking more along the lines of a Serradigitus spp.

Cheers,
Ryan

Canth

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It's flush with the sides of the metasoma. If you look carefully, you can see it.