Custom Cage Builder

orgetorix

Arachnopeon
Hello. Can anyone recommend a custom builder for a scorpion enclosure?

Thanks alot!

Dani87GN

Arachnopeon
I have a question and I didn't want to start a new thread since this one was already here. I can't decide whether to get a new habitat from Tarantula Cages or Tarantula Homes. I read reviews for each company on here and they both seem great with excellent quality. Are they pretty much the same with the main difference being their prices? If that is the case, I'm going to go with Tarantula Homes because that is a little bit easier on my budget. Plus they seem to ship faster.

Just figured I'd get some opinions. Thanks guys!

Dani87GN

Arachnopeon
I'm torn as well, is it the same quality material?
I think I am going to go with the enclosure from tarantulahomes.com. Just wanted to let you know in case you still haven't decided. I rather get what's in my budget right now.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I own both and like both. Tarantulahomes tends to complete the enclosure and ship faster than Tarantulacages. It took about two weeks to get my enclosure from Tarantulacages. It takes about a week to get them from Vitaliy at Tarantulahomes. He usually builds them within 48 hours and ships them out promptly.

Adam from Tarantulacages is clear on his web site that he takes longer to produce and ship his enclosures.

As far as build quality, both of them appear identical in my opinion. I prefer Tarantulahomes vents or louvers over Tarantulacages (TC). TC has aquarium silicone around his vents and it takes away from the aesthetics a little bit in my opinion, but that aside, it's a beautiful and well made enclosure.

TH has a black ring around his vents which makes it cleaner in appearance and better to me.

TH offers smaller enclosures for smaller spiders, but both are competitive in pricing.

If I had to choose, personally, I'd go with TH. Nothing against Adam - it's a great enclosure, a great product, but I like the speed, size, and the vents that TH provides.

RobC has great things to say about TC and TC has a lot more reviews and all of them are A+ reviews. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either. :)

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
More like your pocket cant go right with either, I need to buy winter tires before fancy cages. Especially since I'm in Canada so shipping will hurt.

Tokendog

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
More like your pocket cant go right with either, I need to buy winter tires before fancy cages. Especially since I'm in Canada so shipping will hurt.
The word expensive is subjective. There are a lot of things that go in to determining if some thing is expensive.

I wanted acrylic enclosures because of the clarity and simplicity. I priced making my own, took in to consideration the value of my time being applied to the project, and the risk / rewards. In the end, it worked out better for me to purchase them from Vitaliy and Adam.

The only inconvenience was the cost of shipping but that is unavoidable for the most part. The easiest solution to this was to order in bulk to save on this aspect as much as possible.

Every individual's definition of expensive is going to be an opinion and nothing more. It's based on a lot of variables like income, time, handiness, etc. etc. It's all very subjective.

I'm sure you purchase things that one would say, "Why did you buy that? That's expensive." just because they do not see the value in it like you do.

Stewjoe

Arachnosquire
I don't need more than 1 enclosure at the moment. I think i am going to settle for one of the acrylic lids and upgrade the arboreal glass vivarium I have, It's a 5.5 gal sitting on its side