Custom build I did that cost around $15 USD

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Wanted to share a discount custom build enclosure I made for a juvenile tarantula. Dimensions 8.5 x 8.5 x 9.5
All material was taken from scrap bin at local glass shop. The silicone adhesive cost about as much as the material. I paid around $20 for the acrylic and had enough to build two enclosures.
61BB3263-9EF9-4B20-95F1-5C87FFF8B81A.jpeg D9AB946A-A172-41B1-A642-0AA3B9E3EC43.jpeg

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Nice!
Looks like you bought it.
Thank you. Takes about 2/3 days to build, just due to waiting on pieces to dry before advancing. See people on here occasionally asking about custom builds. Wanted to show my style and how they are relatively inexpensive if you scrounge around at your local glass shop.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
What parts are made of acrylic and glass? Im assuming top and bottom are glass and the sides acrylic?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
What parts are made of acrylic and glass? Im assuming top and bottom are glass and the sides acrylic?
Everything is 100% acrylic. Bought the hinges and clasp off Amazon. I got $20 worth of Material and was able to build two enclosures one arboreal and one terrestrial. Just haven’t finished arboreal one yet.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
That is def cool!! So 40 bucks and u can have a custom setup!
Nice! Think i wanna do this for my burrowers.

Danzog

Arachnosquire
I don't know what you do for a living but that seems like it could be a good side hustle to make some cash, I'd buy one

Poonjab

Arachnoking
I don't know what you do for a living but that seems like it could be a good side hustle to make some cash, I'd buy one
I posted it just to show how easy and inexpensive it is if you just ask around for scraps pieces, etc... Sometimes it’s a pain to find aesthetically pleasing enclosures that are used for displaying a tarantula in the right dimensions. Wanted to motivate anyone who was curious to try it on their own and on the cheap.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Looks great. I'd recommend smoothing the glass edges and corners. As they are now, from what I can see, you risk some nasty cuts to your hands.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
Looks great! Can't wait to see the arboreal one. Now you know you can build them, do you plan to do more for the rest of your collection or just the odd one or 2, now and again?

GhostMouse

Arachnopeon
That is wonderful! Great job. Also thank you for the tip, I never thought of hitting up a glass shop for off cuts. I forget they often work with acrylic as well. Also I gotta know, why the padlock? Does your friend have a reason for needing advanced tarantula security?

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Looks great! Can't wait to see the arboreal one. Now you know you can build them, do you plan to do more for the rest of your collection or just the odd one or 2, now and again?
I’ll build more. This one in particular is for my girlfriend. She’s new to keeping and proud of her T’s so wants to be able to show them off at all stages. But as I build more I’ll post and give a blueprint with everything you need. With a few basic tools, you can whip them together quickly.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
That is wonderful! Great job. Also thank you for the tip, I never thought of hitting up a glass shop for off cuts. I forget they often work with acrylic as well. Also I gotta know, why the padlock? Does your friend have a reason for needing advanced tarantula security?
Hahaha. The clasp system I ordered came with the padlock. In the future though, I think I’m going to start using a magnet system. Just looks cleaner and less hassle.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Really great looking! Where did you get the materials?
Local glass shop here in Central Oregon. I just went up and asked them what they had for scrap acrylic. Took some out and asked how much. Guy was like ehh... $20 so I took it.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
nice! the only thing i hate is waiting for the glue to dry... i helped my friend build a custom glass aquarium once... i was so impatient... then again i was like 22 then... im 38 now... i see things very different now. :embarrassed:

i should really try this.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
nice! the only thing i hate is waiting for the glue to dry... i helped my friend build a custom glass aquarium once... i was so impatient... then again i was like 22 then... im 38 now... i see things very different now. :embarrassed:

i should really try this.
Agreed! It took a couple of days, just waiting for main structures to dry. Next enclosure I’m going to try to use different adhesives. As well as have a top and front opening enclosure, with magnetic latches. I’d like to make them super nice and versatile so I can give a few of you guys in here an enclosure. Then if people really enjoy them, I’d consider selling some to people who wanted them.

rusted180

Arachnosquire
dude.. @Poonjab that would be sweet! if that ever unfolds, advertise it! id love to get one from ya. but be warned... you may end up with more orders than you'd like LOL! your weekends to enjoy will be over.