Currently studying in the medical field but I'd love to study entomology!

Kelly Fornez

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone I am currently studying to become an EMT! It's been fun and I am enjoying the learning, But I always feel guilty because at the end of the day my passion isn't medical it's insects and will always will be. I'd like to continue in medical but I'd also like to take some courses to learn more about entomology, I've met so many individuals in this hobby that have shared so much valueble knowledge with me. To be honest it's because of this hobby I even ever had the courage to go back to college after dropping out 3 years ago. I was wondering if any of my entomology majors can tell me some beginner classes I can take. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Hey everyone I am currently studying to become an EMT! It's been fun and I am enjoying the learning, But I always feel guilty because at the end of the day my passion isn't medical it's insects and will always will be. I'd like to continue in medical but I'd also like to take some courses to learn more about entomology, I've met so many individuals in this hobby that have shared so much valueble knowledge with me. To be honest it's because of this hobby I even ever had the courage to go back to college after dropping out 3 years ago. I was wondering if any of my entomology majors can tell me some beginner classes I can take. Any suggestions would be very helpful!
My career is also not related to Invertebrates, though I spend a good amount of my free time with them.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
I feel the same way! I originally wanted to get a degree in Biology but eventually am getting it in Information Systems.. If I can link the two together for a job one day, that would be a dream! Forensic Entomology would be interesting, I also wonder if there's anything in the anti-venom area that you could look into?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Why limit yourself to one venue? I'm an electronic engineer, fire fighter, cop, paramedic and a few other things. My sis is a cop in S&R, gunsmith, wrangler and truck driver. Reach for your stars.