Current Millipede Collection

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Hey everyone! Just updated my closet and added a shelf for the millipedes. New labels and stuff on each one enclosure as well so I thought I’d share and see what you guys think 😀

B165C60F-905C-4FE2-9306-0A2040BAF5B1.jpeg

Current species list is:
- Hiltonius hebes
- Trigoniulus corallinus
- Archispirostreptus gigas
- Trigoniulus macropygus
- Polydesmus angustus
- Chicobolus spinigerus
- Apeuthes sp. (Thai Rainbows)
- Centrobolus splendidus
- Brachybe lecontii
- Spirobolellus sp. Maui
- Orthoporus ornatus (Brown & Gold Phases)
- Glomeris pulchra
- Anadenobolus monilicornis

And as some of you may know... I’m in the process of trying to get more lol

Let me know what you think about my setup!

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
By the way the shelf isn’t buckling the bins aren’t heavy it’s just warped from having a ton of useless stuff on it over 15 years 😂😂

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Looking good! You do know you can't just show us bins without also showings us what's inside the bins, right ;)?

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Looking good! You do know you can't just show us bins without also showings us what's inside the bins, right ;)?

Thanks for sharing,

Arthroverts
I know! I was thinking that when I uploaded it because I was proud of the organization but I wouldn’t want to be on the other side and left guessing like that 😂😂

This is a picture of my A. gigas today, they’re still young:
61847DD5-34F2-4CDF-876C-931094D9FDC5.jpeg

And my C. splendidus:
027BAF38-5634-48B1-8223-A396D97EBA04.jpeg
I have more C. splendidus but the two A. gigas are the only ones I have of that particular species.

I should’ve taken more pictures today, I’ll go through and get some better photos and post a part two to this thread soon 😂😂 thanks for checking it out!

GemTheBirder

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone! Just updated my closet and added a shelf for the millipedes. New labels and stuff on each one enclosure as well so I thought I’d share and see what you guys think 😀

View attachment 347244

Current species list is:
- Hiltonius hebes
- Trigoniulus corallinus
- Archispirostreptus gigas
- Trigoniulus macropygus
- Polydesmus angustus
- Chicobolus spinigerus
- Apeuthes sp. (Thai Rainbows)
- Centrobolus splendidus
- Brachybe lecontii
- Spirobolellus sp. Maui
- Orthoporus ornatus (Brown & Gold Phases)
- Glomeris pulchra
- Anadenobolus monilicornis

And as some of you may know... I’m in the process of trying to get more lol

Let me know what you think about my setup!
Preeeetty sweet list there! How are you finding the G. pulchra? Would love to see your setup if you get a chance.

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
Preeeetty sweet list there! How are you finding the G. pulchra? Would love to see your setup if you get a chance.
G. pulchra came from @Elytra and Antenna and they’re doing good but not thriving because I made a few early care mistakes, but nothing that most keepers would do. The mistakes were entirely related to a stressful period I had in my life so I couldn’t do some basic maintenance over a long period of time. Anyway they’re doing much better now though!

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
No albino Narceus or Glomeris pustulata on your list? What species are you working on getting? I'd be interested in Centrobolus if you get them going.

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
No albino Narceus or Glomeris pustulata on your list? What species are you working on getting? I'd be interested in Centrobolus if you get them going.
Neither of those on the list yet 🙁 but I’m definitely interested in the albino Narceus. As a kid I was trying to be a mad scientist and I thought I could create genetically modified strawberries and raise millipedes under blacklight in order to make them albino over multiple generations 😂😂 oh how things have changed. I’m working on getting Miami Chicobolus spinigerus and some different polydesmids. Should have Centrobolus splendidus offspring soon they’re adults now and doing great 👍🏼 I’d love to work something out w/ you

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
Chicobolus spinigerus Miami are awesome. Mine are growing like crazy. I love to watch their color progression. Alan catches some awesome invertebrates.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Are the Chicobolus spinigerus Miami the same as Ebony? They look the same in the photos I have seen. I have Salmon and Purple. Pretty awesome color morphs. Albino Narceus americanus are such beautiful creatures. Love them.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Are the Chicobolus spinigerus Miami the same as Ebony? They look the same in the photos I have seen. I have Salmon and Purple. Pretty awesome color morphs. Albino Narceus americanus are such beautiful creatures. Love them.
They are a little different. My ebony are all black and my Miami have some white.

MadMilli

Arachnoknight
I agree with @The Odd Pet about the Miami and Ebony morphs of Chicobolus spinigerus, I've wanted the purple ones myself but haven't gotten them! Albino millipedes were a dream of mine while I was growing up, definitely one of the greatest discoveries I've been able to get my hands on in my adult life.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
I agree with @The Odd Pet about the Miami and Ebony morphs of Chicobolus spinigerus, I've wanted the purple ones myself but haven't gotten them! Albino millipedes were a dream of mine while I was growing up, definitely one of the greatest discoveries I've been able to get my hands on in my adult life.
I lost all my albino Narceus americanus to isopods 😔. I really want them again.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Me and Alan compared them and it turns out Miami have black legs and BPK/ebony have pink legs. He says ebony have a purple shine to them but I don't see it mine.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
Both Ebony and Purple have the white stripe in mine. I'lll have to look at their feet and shine. :cool:

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Both Ebony and Purple have the white stripe in mine. I'lll have to look at their feet and shine. :cool:
My ebony have very tiny white lines inbetween each segment.

Also I had sent you a message. I wasn't sure if you got it only because I haven't gotten a reply.
Thank you