Curlyhairs!

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey everyone!! my 3 curly hairs just arrived!!! thanks jwb......(forgot your actual name!-sorry)they are now munching on a cricket(all 3 of them!) man they are hungry and fast eaters!

James

Theraphosa

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
hey everyone!! my 3 curly hairs just arrived!!! thanks jwb......(forgot your actual name!-sorry)they are now munching on a cricket(all 3 of them!) man they are hungry and fast eaters!

James
are they spiderlings? post some pictures if u can :) thanks

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had 3 juveniles last month and they were voracious eaters. THey would eat moths by the dozen.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Shoot, my curly eats so dadgum much its rediculous. On her last burst of Viking feasting she devoured (within a span of 4 days) 2 pinkie mice and 36 crickets. I swear of all my inverts she hurts my pocket the most pulling that kind of crap. You should have seen her abdomen afterwards! Sheesh!

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
Shoot, my curly eats so dadgum much its rediculous. On her last burst of Viking feasting she devoured (within a span of 4 days) 2 pinkie mice and 36 crickets. I swear of all my inverts she hurts my pocket the most pulling that kind of crap. You should have seen her abdomen afterwards! Sheesh!
If it hurts your pocket than dont buy so much food for it.

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
I love curlies just because they are such good eaters - of all my T's they will take anything and the slings grow really fast. They are also a source of some of the funniest things I've ever seen T's do. Just the other day I dropped in a dead, adult crix for a 1.5" sling. The sling has a tiny petpal home and has dug a very nice burrow. Well, it ran out, grabbed the crix right in the middle, turns and goes to run back into it's hole at top speed and the crix, being sideways, catches on either side of the hole and the spider flipped over onto it's back because it hit the entrance with such force. The little bugger then proceeded to beat the hell out of that dead crix, bit and chewed it like he was having a temper tantrum, then proceeded to drag the now mangled body into his lair. I was laughing so hard I almost cried. Curlies are just too much fun.

Gail

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is cute :) =D =D My big fat cury flipped over a lot and could hardly get back up because of it's big fat butt.

looseyfur

Arachnofur
Old Timer
gorging

but is that kind of gorging healthy>?

make it harder on molts>?

I too have curlys (dracula and butch) and honestly I can say they eat like nobodys business, but I give them starvation day in the week and they dont seem to be lard asses. right now I think butch is heading for a molt ( telltale signs include closing up burrow and a darking blad patch) but dracula will and would eat all day any day any time...
Keep in mind its not very likely that a spider would eat 24/7 ( or 28/8 in a curlys mind) in its natural setting... in an effort to replicate that I dont feed on wensdays. Healthy well colored well adjusted curlys is what I gots...

7ooseyf|_|r
e.

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
Originally posted by Gail
The little bugger then proceeded to beat the hell out of that dead crix, bit and chewed it like he was having a temper tantrum, then proceeded to drag the now mangled body into his lair. I was laughing so hard I almost cried. Curlies are just too much fun.

Gail
Gail, that is too funny! =D

Joy

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Curly hairs are one of the coolest little guys to have..he he. Mine was a big fat girl. She seemed fine until her abdomen turned to jello.

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It doesn't make any difference if you feed them all they want or not. They will not overeat. It is not unhealthy for them to gourge out...if they had much supply in the wild (which I highly doubt, eventhough, that they do) they would eat just the same. I have an extremely beautiful, happy curly that is very comfortable, most of the time even fairly energetic and happily fat...hehe. (gotta love Ts with a ghetto booty)

Gail

Arachnopixie
Old Timer
Originally posted by Ephesians
(gotta love Ts with a ghetto booty)
Sounds like that should be a line in a T rap song LOL My twisted mind can picture it all - a big fat male curly hair, holding the mike in his front legs, a scrunched up knit cap hanging over his eyes and wearing multi-legged baggy pants, singing to an audience of screaming fat female curly hairs "gotta love Ts with a ghetto booty".

Gail :D

Ephesians

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Gail, that was the scariest thing I have ever been forced to imagine! LOL! "T Baby Got Back!" hahahaha

Word...