Curly slings from Holley update

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My B. Albopilosum slings I got from Holley last summer are now moulting into their 8th instar and they are now becoming too big for their babyfood jar setups. I called around and found that Publix has some clear containers they use in produce for pineapple cores, etc. They offered to sell me some 32oz. cups for $0.25 each but when I got there to pick them up, I saw the 16oz. containers and decided to get those instead since they weren't as tall, so they sold me 10 of those for $0.15 each. Hopefully this will be the last container I put them in until they leave my care! I am wondering now how big do they have to get before I can send the shed skins to Swift's to be sexed??
Here are some pics of the new containers I got and some pics of one of the slings with some coins for scale.

Inuleki

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
on his website he says that they should be 2 inches before you send him the molt to be sexed......
those are very cute curlys btw... mine should be here on tuesday :D

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
yeah i saw that on his site.....but i wasnt sure if when he said 2" he meant the body or does it include the legs??

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
Kosh,
nice to see the little buggers are doing well! I had to upsize my containers as well. I went to United Grocer Warehouse and bought 250 5 1/2 oz cups and lids for $11.00
I guess that's about .22 cents apiece. I would've gone larger, but I have so many slings of varying sizes, that this size fit them all the best.
Mine are all doing wonderfully as well, eating like pigs, and molting regularly!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kosh,
What do you mean "leave my care"? Are you selling them?
Just wondering.:)

Ernie

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Holley,
Yeah, I remember when I first got them I didn't expect all of them to make it but they are ALL still thriving!!! It is really cool to see them start to develop some form of personality....one of the little buggers even went into threat posture at me the other day when I put my finger in front of it to halt its escape from its jar....I couldn't help but laugh at it. I still haven't figured out what I am going to keep these new containers in. The babyfood jars fit nicely in a shoebox.

kosh

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
MrT,
Well, I only plan on keeping one or two of the slings. I am giving another one or two to a couple of friends who are wanting to get into the hobby. I talked with a local pet store owner who sells some T's that aren't commonly found in any of the larger chain type pet stores about doing some trading for some species I also want and he indicated that he was always up for some trades. So I really dont know that I will have any to "sell" as I only have 10 total.

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MrT,

I've got several of Holley's slings as well. If you're interested in buying any, let me know. I've also got various other slings and T's that might make it worth the shipping. Just e-mail me if you're interested.

Botar