Curly Haired Tarantula Refusing To Eat After Molt

aceleste015

Arachnopeon
Hello! I am really worried about my curly haired tarantula. She molted on the 10th and has not eaten yet. I've tried giving her a cricket from tongs and putting the cricket in the tank with her as well. She refused both ways. I read something about they may not have molted their sucking stomach? She has been to her water dish and stays hydrated. She actually likes water. I have a picture of the molt. Will anybody be able to tell if she molted okay?

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1610321928825_6754179707359631503.jpeg

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
It's probably just not ready to eat yet. It often takes 14 days before they're ready to eat when they molt at this size

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
First, to check if the sucking stomach is there you will need to look into the cephalothorax, but they are small fragile and can sometimes be broken off during the molt, or post damage.

Do you have a picture of the Tlitlocatl currently?. I cant tell the size but that looks like a decent sized molt, waiting longer than at least to longer than 10 days is usually required anyway for the fangs to fully harden, also 10-12days without food is not a long time, and you describe it drinking in the meantime. What the abdomen like? I personally dont see anything concerning, other than possibly feeding it too soon after a molt.

Arachnoenthusiast

Arachnoknight
It might just not be ready to eat. The main thing this hobby requires is patience, and to some degree the ability to be somewhat indifferent to them if that makes sense

thatdadlife619

Arachnoknight
Commonly brought up topic on here.

Your t will eat when it’s good and ready, I would attempt feeding every few days or so, eventually she will eat:)