Curly Hair Tarantula

joshua Pitcher

Arachnopeon
I posted in this website abit more than a month ago about my curly hair blocking herself inside her burrow well today she pushed it down not molted she took a cricket has eaten all of that and just blocked it up again this is my first t but I got told this tarantula would be out of its hide won’t use its hide a lot but it’s been in there along time and I don’t think it will come out any suggestions on what I should get?

joshua Pitcher

Arachnopeon
Yeah something that will be out of its burrow more than once a month I do like the curly hair I will still keep it but I want another

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
All tarantulas may go into periods of reclusivity during pre-molt. This is a reason that it's more interesting to have a collection than a single T...more stuff going on when you look around.

As to which species to recommend, without knowing what you want in your tarantulas, we'd really just be shooting in the dark. What qualities do you want it to have?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
sounds pretty normal T behavior to me. My P. "platyomma" is always chilling out side. And my B. smith like to chill outside too.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Mine have burrowed, or hidden, until they reach about 3-4" and then they start staying out all the time.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Just give it time. They will spend extended periods in their burrow and sometimes they don't use their hide for a long time. IME, the bigger they get, the more often you see them out.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I got told this tarantula would be out of its hide won’t use its hide a lot
How big is it? Slings and juvies burrow/hide much more than adults. My AF sits on top of her hide most of the time but will duck inside when disturbed.

Yeah something that will be out of its burrow more than once a month I do like the curly hair I will still keep it but I want another
A. geniculata
B. hamorii

My genic hasn't burrowed or used a hide since her first moult in my care (she was 4" when I got her) and my B. hamorii hasn't since she passed the 3" mark.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My B albo female was out in the open alot, but she was in her burrow alot to! So they are not petholes, but not display tarantulas eigher. Not mine anyway! That is something i like! I like seeing them alot for a period of time and seeing them NOT for a oeriod of time! If you want a speicies that are out all the time i suggest a G rosea! I have had my femake since year 2000 and she has NEVER been out of sight!

Liquifin

Arachnoking
If you want another T. then A. genic like what other people have said. But B. albo's burrow a lot as slings, but after the 2.5'' mark they are out more often. My girl never uses her premade burrow and she's a great eater too.