curly-hair question

poirot63

Arachnopeon
Hey, folks...I just got my first curly-hair about 6 months ago and just recently she has webbed herself into her hide-away,and as far as i can tell she wont come out to drink or eat.While i have other types...this is a new one on me. Anyone got a clue? thanks,poirot63

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to put my money on an upcoming molt. Has it molted in your care yet, and when is the last time it stopped eating? Also, how big is it?

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
She's closed herself off to protect her during an upcoming molt. She's in premolt and most T's will web themselves in their hides to prepare for molt. You won't see her until she's done so don't worry about giving her food but keep the water dish full just in case.

poirot63

Arachnopeon
curly-hair reply

thanks guys....she has molted twice once before and has always been one of my best eaters. as for size...she'd fit in the palm of your hand.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Wait so she has molted in your care once before? At that size I'd say around 4-5" and within a 6 month time period molting twice seems to fast to me. I could be wrong though.

poirot63

Arachnopeon
oops on the curly-hair age

well...my wife just corrected me on the age....its been about 8 or 9 months since she (the tarantula...heehee) was added to my growing collection

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well...my wife just corrected me on the age....its been about 8 or 9 months since she (the tarantula...heehee) was added to my growing collection
Do you have a date on its previous molt? None the less I hope she successfully molts for you!

poirot63

Arachnopeon
a big thanks

thanks again guys...this was my first question as a new member and boy i'm glad i found this sight. poirot63

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Yes, welcome to the boards!!! I agree, it sounds like an upcoming moult. My big, old, culyhair female hides in her tunnel when she moults, but my younger female does it right out in the open. My little sling does too. So don't worry, soon she will come out wearing a beautiful new skin!

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not that I'm one to talk, but how much are you feeding that curly?

I have to agree, 5"-6" Curly Hair and 2 molts (with another one coming up) in 9 months is rather a lot.