Curly hair habits?

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
So my newly molted sling was busy building his burrow to suit his big new body, figured if he could do that he might want a meal worm. Dropped one in for him and he took it after 8 or so hours. This isn't the first time but sometimes he sits upside down and sideways. He's healthy, I'm just curious if anyone else's is goofy like mine ha or if it's something to maybe be concerned about?

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
Be careful about feeding too soon after molting, as it can damage the fangs, which take a while to harden. It's a good idea to wait a few days for slings and ~3 weeks for adults. The larger their bodies are, the longer it takes for them to harden after a molt.

I wouldn't be concerned about its position...they do whatever they feel like. My sling has been underground for a couple of weeks, happily moving dirt around and making lots of tunnels.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The generally do all kinds of weird things... My Nhandu chromatus used to chill upside down on the underside of its hide sometimes, I once watched it drop from that position like an eight-legged ninja assassin to tag a cricket that wandered to close, it was awesome.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Theraphosidae lounge in all kinds of weird positions. I think the KamaSutra is inspired on them...

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
I was at a pet store looking at an L.P. and I told a worker that I had a curly hair and pink toe. He proceeded to go on about telling me how to handle my curly. I told him that handling any spider is not in the deck for me and he asked if I was afraid to have to go to the hospital. I told him neither of my spiders are capable (unless I'm allergic, haven't been bitten yet so idk) of that. He then went on telling me that a curly bite would definitely get me there allergies or not. I called b.s. and left shortly thereafter. I read and read looking for someone with a story like that and couldn't find one..where do people get their facts about t's? Or do they just make stuff up so people who don't know better will buy it? Ha

WhyUBiteBite

Arachnosquire
Theraphosidae lounge in all kinds of weird positions. I think the KamaSutra is inspired on them...
Mine I think has been next to my Avic's cage too long, I keep catching him trying to act like an arboreal lol, luckily he cant go up due to space but I'm sure hed scale onto the ceiling if he could.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I was at a pet store looking at an L.P. and I told a worker that I had a curly hair and pink toe. He proceeded to go on about telling me how to handle my curly. I told him that handling any spider is not in the deck for me and he asked if I was afraid to have to go to the hospital. I told him neither of my spiders are capable (unless I'm allergic, haven't been bitten yet so idk) of that. He then went on telling me that a curly bite would definitely get me there allergies or not. I called b.s. and left shortly thereafter. I read and read looking for someone with a story like that and couldn't find one..where do people get their facts about t's? Or do they just make stuff up so people who don't know better will buy it? Ha
That just blew my mind....what? That guy has no business selling Theraphosidae....

Tburtmcsquirt

Arachnopeon
I wanted to buy all the animals so they weren't mistreated. If I had the money and room at my apartment I would have.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I wanted to buy all the animals so they weren't mistreated. If I had the money and room at my apartment I would have.
I know the feeling, but don't fall for that trap. For every spider you get out of there, there are coming three more in the next day....