Curly Hair Adult male random behaviour.

Phoenixx

Arachnopeon
So, not sure if anyone really knows since males tend to just do random things but... I walked into my room and noticed that my male Curly Hair T. was laying on his back in his rock hide in the middle of his tank (I could only see a few of his legs sticking out and his upper carapace upsidedown). He's already had his ultimate molt but I still assumed he was just molting again so I covered his tank for less stress and went on my way. When I went back into my room later to take a couple pics of him cause his arms were all splayed out hilariously, dude's just wondering around the tank instead climbing things like usual...

Question would the be: what the hell was he doing upsidedown? Just being lazy? Cleaning? Webbing something? He clearly isn't molting unless he was going to try to molt and decided not to?

He's also been cleaning his fromt legs a lot lately if that correlates at all? He was also rehomed to a more humid bigger tank last week.

No I didn't get any pics cause he was already right side up when I had my camera

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
So, not sure if anyone really knows since males tend to just do random things but... I walked into my room and noticed that my male Curly Hair T. was laying on his back in his rock hide in the middle of his tank (I could only see a few of his legs sticking out and his upper carapace upsidedown). He's already had his ultimate molt but I still assumed he was just molting again so I covered his tank for less stress and went on my way. When I went back into my room later to take a couple pics of him cause his arms were all splayed out hilariously, dude's just wondering around the tank instead climbing things like usual...

Question would the be: what the hell was he doing upsidedown? Just being lazy? Cleaning? Webbing something? He clearly isn't molting unless he was going to try to molt and decided not to?

He's also been cleaning his fromt legs a lot lately if that correlates at all? He was also rehomed to a more humid bigger tank last week.

No I didn't get any pics cause he was already right side up when I had my camera
Sounds like you might have caught him in the middle of making a sperm web. Check in the hide, they usually dismantle the web after but you might see something.
Did it look something like this?
20191027_084753.jpg

Phoenixx

Arachnopeon
I could see some webbing in the corner of the opening for the hide, so it could have been that for sure! I never saw him with it on his Pedipalps though. Just kinda hoping that doesn't mean he's going to die soon :(

arachnidgill

Arachnoknight
When did he mature? With proper care T. albopilosus mature males can easily live 2+ years after maturing. Making a sperm web doesn't mean he will die soon, it's actually a good sign! It means they are still active/fresh.

Phoenixx

Arachnopeon
He is still eating like a crazy person lol have video of him tricking a cricket (who knew he was there) out of the ground hole he was hiding in.

But when I rescued him from the pet store all they could tell me was that he was an adult and that he got there as an adult and that he was still eating so that was good.... I was like...... "good job pet storing, bud"

So basically all I know is that he is an Adult Male. Seems to be happier in his new tank but he tries so friggin hard to get out consistently lol poor guy is prob so exhausted hunting for dem womens :p