Curious T's?

Maggie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
In my household I am the one that feeds/waters and if necessary handles the larger T's. My 10 year old helps with all the slings so isnt around the bigger ones much. However she gets quite a reaction from them when she happens to be over by their enclosures, they come up to the side. Maybe I am way off base here but I believe they can tell the difference and are smarter than some people give them credit for. Just wondering what everyone else's take is on that?

Nixy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sunshine and Moonbeam ( the twins first T's.. the Rosies)
Know their girls I swear.
My son will try and fed them with tongs, but they go to their cave.
As Soon as the twins come in though their up on the glass. And they take the crickets from the tongs with them and No One else.
Not even me. But they don't run when I put my hands in, or get defencive. But if anyone else besides myself and the twins do.
They get agrivated and run in their caves.

I Don't know just How smart they are.. But....

It's My option and maybe I'm wrong. But I FEEL they know THEY'RE people after a while.

rob

Got Inverts?
Old Timer
You know I was thinking the same thing. My Rosie loves to hang out near the side of the tank away from her hide and my daughter and I can go up and look at her, she doesn't move. Whenever we have some friends over though, as soon as they go near her tank, she'll go into her hide (even if they are super quiet and approach the tank very slowly). Maybe they are smarter or have some sort of sensory perception of who's watching them.

Rob

Static_69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sort of like spiderman or something...extra sensory perception and all that good stuff.

Risto