curious resting position

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Anybody see their scorps resting like this? I've seen all three of these Emp babies sitting like this at the same time. I've seen other species I've had doing the same thing. I don't believe it's a coincidence. There must be something to it. We will probably never know:confused: .

Normski2020uk

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My adult male Emp does this from time to time, there are verious thoughts as to why they do this, some belive its a reaction to the sub, or humidity levels, i dont know personaly, but my male does this he struts around just outside his burrow entrance on tiptoe, back arched right over. Ther is no real pattern to it ether, its another scorp mistery

P.jasonius

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My emps and cavimanus do this, usually when they are above the heatrock (covered by substrate), or directly under the heat lamp. Maybe it has something to do with temperature. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were basking, but this makes no sense when you take into account their nocturnal nature.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
freshly moulted scorpions will sometimes do this to stretch out their new exoskeleton as much as possible before it completely hardens.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My O walbhergi did that yesterday, and does it often at night....wierd.

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My A. crassicauda, mauritanicus, and australis rest in awkward positions as if stretching after a molt. I got nervous once because I thought my AA was dead, it looked like a death curl. I felt relief when it quickly moved as soon as I opened the enclosure.

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I see the same as P.jasonius, I mean saw, I don't keep these anymore, but when I had them, they did this frequently. They seem to do this to take full advantage to absorb the heat...I mean this is my best GUESS. ;)

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i have very rarely experienced this behavior. it could very well be a heat absortion method. I dont heat any of my tanks because my room is relatively warm. this might explain why i seldom witness this behavior.

John