Curious question only curious

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
Mostly wanting to ask people in other country's like Asia,Australia,maybe even Russia and such.I'm curious is it more common for you guys to start with old world's or are you guys able to start with a new world it's just a little more difficult to obtain?I'm mainly curious just how other people differ learning and doing things in the hobby.Wanting to know they're experiences and difficulties as they approached the old world's.If they were sort of problematic for them in a way not trying to be rude if any of this sounds rude or ignorant I'm sorry.I just want to kinda see how other people entered the hobby.How they're struggles went and just how huch they got excited and fascinated about them.
hHave a wonderful day people always make every day interesting in some way!!!!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Mostly wanting to ask people in other country's like Asia,Australia,maybe even Russia and such.I'm curious is it more common for you guys to start with old world's or are you guys able to start with a new world it's just a little more difficult to obtain?
While I can't speak from personal experience (as I am in the U.S.), Australian keepers who do things legally have no choice but to start with Australian species, as they aren't allowed to import tarantulas from other countries.

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
While I can't speak from personal experience (as I am in the U.S.), Australian keepers who do things legally have no choice but to start with Australian species, as they aren't allowed to import tarantulas from other countries.
That's pretty interesting I actually didn't know that I appreciate the info.i kinda feel bad in that sense though because they really have to start out being alot more cautious I would assume.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
That's pretty interesting I actually didn't know that I appreciate the info.i kinda feel bad in that sense though because they really have to start out being alot more cautious I would assume.
To be fair, when you have to check your shoes before putting them on because something that can easily kill you might have decided that they make a great hidey hole then OW tarantulas are the least of your worries ;)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
To be fair, when you have to check your shoes before putting them on because something that can easily kill you might have decided that they make a great hidey hole then OW tarantulas are the least of your worries ;)
where I used to live in Texas, you always have to check your shoes if you leave them on the ground overnight for scorpions. they won't kill you but they do hurt!

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
Honestly that's kinda scary I knew that happens sometimes too they can get in through small holes in houses.

where I used to live in Texas, you always have to check your shoes if you leave them on the ground overnight for scorpions. they won't kill you but they do hurt!
Jeez haha well hopefully no one kills too many scorpions that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
This has only happened to our family once, and many years later i worked out the resident in our shoe was none other than a truly massive Hadronyche Formidabilis. The one and only occurance had to be the deadliest species around :p

Addressing the OP's question, its true Aussies can only start (and continue with for the matter) native old worlds. With enough caution though you can manage fairly easily. But i still would have preferred to begin with new worlds had i the ability to do so

Tarantulaguy776

Arachnopeon
This has only happened to our family once, and many years later i worked out the resident in our shoe was none other than a truly massive Hadronyche Formidabilis. The one and only occurance had to be the deadliest species around :p

Addressing the OP's question, its true Aussies can only start (and continue with for the matter) native old worlds. With enough caution though you can manage fairly easily. But i still would have preferred to begin with new worlds had i the ability to do so
Thanks for your reply.jesus though I don't know what I would do if I found one in my shoe that could do some serious damage honestly XD I wouldn't kill it I promise that.i would probably let it have the shoe and put it somewhere I'd never have anything to do with it.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Thanks for your reply.jesus though I don't know what I would do if I found one in my shoe that could do some serious damage honestly XD I wouldn't kill it I promise that.i would probably let it have the shoe and put it somewhere I'd never have anything to do with it.
the beauty got blown out of a tree because of insanely strong wind and rain. They are one of only two semi arboreal Atracids here and currently believed to be the deadliest spider in the world even outdoing the Brazilian wandering spider. Luckily, they are extremely rarely seen and as far as i know im the only hobbyist here who owns one currently. (Theres bound to be others idk about though)