Curious about smaller species!

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
I was wondering is it possible/practical to keep smaller species of centipedes as a pets? There are a lot of interesting looking centipedes under wood in NJ that are very small (slightly less then an inch) even with the temps in the 30s and im very tempted to catch a few. The only resources online talking about raising giants. I'm afraid these guys may rely on certain size prey that I can't obtain. Any tips or even resources on the subject would be appreciated!

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
To clarify most resources state the enclosure of a giant centipede should rather warm but these guys seem
to be thriving in even freezing weather.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Go ahead. What you're seeing is most likely Lithobiomorphs. They are scavengers and will thrive in a moist environment fed with things like dog food or cat food (the kibble kind), fish food, etc. You can also feed them prekilled crickets and the like. Fruit may also be instrumental in keeping them alive. Make sure the sub is at least 1-2" deep and make sure they have multiple hides (hides can be pretty much anything the centipedes can get under, bark, stones, etc. They can live together fine. Good luck!

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
Keeping two so far quite fond of their immediate affection for each other theh are practically inseperable! Communal inverts certainly peak my fancy! So far they have eaten at least one prekilled cricket and one "incapacitated" cricket. Although i havent been able to witness the feeding process yet. Oh yeah i tried giving them a small piece of banana with no success. Gonna try apple and lettuce tonight!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Keeping two so far quite fond of their immediate affection for each other theh are practically inseperable! Communal inverts certainly peak my fancy! So far they have eaten at least one prekilled cricket and one "incapacitated" cricket. Although i havent been able to witness the feeding process yet. Oh yeah i tried giving them a small piece of banana with no success. Gonna try apple and lettuce tonight!
Awesome, good luck!