Curious 😊

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
So I opened my curtains this morning and spotted fang in his tank he appears to be rubbing his pedipalps on his fangs or maybe rubbing the pedipalps together so cute🤩 is he cleaning himself?
I noticed he's on the part of substrate I moistened with a little water, is he drinking? I checked Google but got multiple answers 😒

And guessing I may get the same result with search bar here lol also read big Ts like G bird eater do this to make a hissing sound to ward of enemies but mine is not a big T like that 🤔 is the daylight annoying him?

Last edited:

Hardus nameous

Yes, but only on Tuesdays!
Arachnosupporter +
It's just normal grooming.
There's no way to tell if he drank unless you see him drinking.
As to stridulation some smaller (ish) tarantulas like Ceratogyrus marshalli are known to do it too.
If the daylight was annoying him he wouldn't be grooming.

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
It's just normal grooming.
There's no way to tell if he drank unless you see him drinking.
As to stridulation some smaller (ish) tarantulas like Ceratogyrus marshalli are known to do it too.
If the daylight was annoying him he wouldn't be grooming.
He is a brachypelma boehmei I've not heard of them hissing or anything though

aprilmayjunebugs

Fiery but Mostly Peaceful
Arachnosupporter
Fang is grooming, it is super cute isn't it :) G birdeater gave me a chuckle this morning though, thanks!

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
when you see them straddling the dish, head down, Opithsoma up you will know they are drinking

mcmitch92

Arachnopeon
when you see them straddling the dish, head down, Opithsoma up you will know they are drinking
I put a live cricket in there few days back and the cheeky little thing was drinking from the bowl 😒 I was not impressed