Culturing of Dalquestia formosa

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Agreed! Have just acquired breeding colonies of another 3 species I'm keen to try, with my dream species hopefully arriving this week
Damn man that's awesome!! What's your dream Opiliones species??

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Damn man that's awesome!! What's your dream Opiliones species??
Neopantopsalis pentheter, photos below are not mine (first 2 taken by the person assisting me in obtaining them, 3rd and 4th taken from Google)

Adult males
received_778558013498089.jpeg
received_329670015852951.jpeg
harvestmen 3.jpg

Adult female
harvestmen 2.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Amazing the coloration variation is quite stunning!!! Hopefully you get them and they do well for you!!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Amazing the coloration variation is quite stunning!!! Hopefully you get them and they do well for you!!
The tricky part is their impressive 10cm/4" legspan makes packing them safely a rather difficult challenge, and one we are still trying to work out before sending them down. Neopilionids seem exceedingly fragile compared to the smaller Triaenonychidae I'm used to, so it might unfortunately take some trial and error

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The tricky part is their impressive 10cm/4" legspan makes packing them safely a rather difficult challenge, and one we are still trying to work out before sending them down. Neopilionids seem exceedingly fragile compared to the smaller Triaenonychidae I'm used to, so it might unfortunately take some trial and error
Yeah that's been an issue for me with some of the larger leggier species I have found down here as well, collecting them without damaging them is a challenge for sure! They're much more fragile!

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
Yeah that's been an issue for me with some of the larger leggier species I have found down here as well, collecting them without damaging them is a challenge for sure! They're much more fragile!
Do any of your larger species detach legs in defence as well? My little Triaenonychidae don't but I wasn't sure if all other families can

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Here shown L7 but at L6 and L7 they begin to darken and get adult colors but are still partially translucent compared to the more deep black color or the adults!

D. formosa L7.jpg