Cuando dinero es un... (How much money is a...)

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much money is a fair price for an obt? I'm very interested in getting one, but i have no idea as to what is a fair price. a range of prices would be nice, and also, to obt owners, what did you get yours' at, and what sizes (if i may ask)?

thx in adv!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
An adult female might run you 30-40 bucks but that's about it. Getting slings is a good idea too, they grow like weeds so your not going to have to wait that long to have a big girl. I got my slings in January and they are already 4+" They only cost $3.00 each. I would never spend more then 30 for an adult female though.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Holy crap. 4 in in 6 mo. taht's kewl. yeah i'll prob get one of those, then. how/wat do i feed em? i know you're supposedto get a medicine container and mist it fr water, but what about food?

and also, i've been curious; do obt slings bite?

Last edited:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Any Obt will bite if they want to. Sling, juvie,adult they all like fingers. {D
Feeding, crickets, roaches, mealworms, mine love roaches.
They like to pick a place and web the whole area so I huge tank is not needed. An adult can live fine in a 5 gallon. Or if you want a 10 gallon tank. 10 is to much in my opinion but if you have the space why not.

mr_jacob7

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oh, okay. s slings can hunt crickets, and stuff live? taht's a releif. thought i was gonna have to get chicken beads, or quich the guts out of teh crix, or something.

also, i have this KK taht's aboutas big as a 10 gal but cut in half horizontly. is taht deep enough?

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have my sub adult in a 5 gallon tank and usings probably 5 square inches of it. Doesn't get out and about much. However, I have seen it on the hunt a few times which is pretty interesting.