Crushed Oyster Shell for Invert Feeding

DytiscussorDaur

Arachnopeon
From what I've seen, it seems to be a reasonably common alternative to eggshells and cuttlebone. I can't speak to whether isopods have a preference in their calcium sources, but they should have no trouble munching on it.

Matts inverts

Arachnoangel
It should work but if you are looking for a cheep calcium sourse, wouldn’t it be cheaper to get egg shells that are washed and crushed? I have heard of people using these but it seems way cheaper to use the left over shells.

Edoggerson

Arachnosquire
It should work but if you are looking for a cheep calcium sourse, wouldn’t it be cheaper to get egg shells that are washed and crushed? I have heard of people using these but it seems way cheaper to use the left over shells.
If I ate more eggs I wouldn't be asking, but I've always been a cereal or biscuit guy for breakfast. Sundays are egg days and even then only 3 shell's worth.

jc55

Arachnoknight
There is also the powdered calcium sold in most pet stores that is used to dust crickets when they are fed to bearded dragons for example and that is also cheap if you want something readily accessible.