Crud! New Ts and disappointment

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Well, got my new Ts in today and the one that motivated this little monetary splurge is probably going to be dead soon.

I ordered one of those T. latipes slings from Art. It was acting strangely sluggish when I unpacked it during my lunch hour and when I got home from work I found out why: it had been in pre-moult :(

It lost leg 1 on the right, its palp, and legs 1 & 2 on the left. I doubt very much it will be able feed, and it's way too small to manually feed.

Last edited:

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That bites CM. I lost a beautiful 4" female B. emilia earlier in the year when the seller shipped her right after a molt. I don't think she'd hardened enough to stand the trip and died shortly after her arrival.

I hope you and Art can work out a deal.

Botar

pdrake

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
you were very helpful when i was stressing, so i'm sorry to hear that. hope it surprises you.

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Originally posted by pdrake
you were very helpful when i was stressing, so i'm sorry to hear that. hope it surprises you.
Not really much chance for surprise here, it lacks any ability to catch and grasp prey so assuming it doesn't just bleed to death, the only way it will make it is if it feeds off of cut open prey until its next moult. Unfortunately, these things happen, I just wish it hadn't happened to my most expensive sling in the order.

I do thankyou for the nice thoughts, though.

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
If it makes it through this hardening phase, I'd try giving its food diced. This should allow it to cover the dinner in digestive fluids and eat some. Hopefully it is a rather plump guy to begin with and won't be too badly stressed from a few months of dieting. And with the next molt, it will get most it's parts back, though they maybe pretty scrawny looking. Hopefully it will make it through this...