cross

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You need to use the search function on this topic.

This is not normally the type of reply I give to a question, but its a touchy subject and you should do some reading on your own.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
oh man this thread might get a little ugly

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lol the poor guy haven't been answered yet, just "oh no not again" replies {D

talkenlate said it, its very touchy, but it can be done. it could screw up the hobby if it becomes commonplace also!:wall:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hybrids are cool cause they save on gas.
Can you believe that Ford had the audacity to release a new model called "Fusion" and it just runs on plain old gas?

I was like "Hey cool, a new [runs on gas and electricity] from Ford! Maybe i'll get one!"

Nope, No dice. That's why Toyota is now the #1 car maker in the world.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Honostly who cares if u make a hybrid. No one should complain. Its like the people who complain about gay marriages when it does not even affect them. I say if u wanna cross breed go for it man! get r done!!!! lol. Its one thing when the animal is large and will be seen my many people but tarantulas are rather small and stay in the house(4 the most part) so it should not effect anyone if u make some hybrids ^^. Goodluck with w.e u do man

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
crossbreeding and gay marriages all in one post :clap:

the one thing they both have in common is....they are both WRONG :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Matt, if you have two t's you're thinking about actually crossing please do a search and read up thoroughly on the reasons why various highly experienced keepers and breeders are very strongly opposed to this. Don't listen to off hand comments by people who don't know what they're talking about like the following:

Honostly who cares if u make a hybrid. No one should complain. Its like the people who complain about gay marriages when it does not even affect them. I say if u wanna cross breed go for it man! get r done!!!! lol. Its one thing when the animal is large and will be seen my many people but tarantulas are rather small and stay in the house(4 the most part) so it should not effect anyone if u make some hybrids ^^. Goodluck with w.e u do man
A LOT of people care very strongly, that's who.

I wish a mod would come by and close this thread soon before it becomes a battleground or any bad information starts getting thrown around.

Frédérick

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
as said earlier, search on your own if you want to have a good idea. the thing with hybridizing is that if it ever happens that one of your hybrids is sold or whatever as a specie and not as an hybrid, and that someone breeds it to say another brachypelma like you mentioned, well it can spoil the genetics of that brachypelma sp. in the long run if it makes a "chain of breeding". the point is, if you ever want to accomplish it, plz do so in a responsible manner, which would be to own the hybrid tarantula until it dies. no way it can mate his way around the country then!

fictitious

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Can you believe that Ford had the audacity to release a new model called "Fusion" and it just runs on plain old gas?

I was like "Hey cool, a new [runs on gas and electricity] from Ford! Maybe i'll get one!"

Nope, No dice. That's why Toyota is now the #1 car maker in the world.
WHAT DID YOU DO? YOU IDIOTS! WHY DID YOU MURDER THAT WONDERFUL NAME? AHHHHH! to notice that one, but anyways....

Last edited by a moderator:

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Sometimes it just shows good command of the English language to say nothing. I'm not going to respond, I'm not going to respond, I'm not going . . . Bit my tongue. Ouch! :wall:

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
DO IT MAKE HYBRIDS. DO IT. DO IT NOW!!!! lol j.k If he wants 2 do it dont get in his personal buisness xD. Plain and simple. This goes 4 everyone and everything. Its personal choises xD. People can argue all they want buy really, all u do is make ur self look stupid as you argue over something that you can not even control. It may be one guys personal feelings that hybrids should not be made, another may say go for it(like my self) there is no need to fight. Its just personal preference. Let the guy who wants to make hyrbids, make hybrids. and vice versa for the other. All i see from alot of these topics is people trying to invade other peoples lifes and tell them what they can and cannot do. Sometimes things get way to escalated and people start threatening. At this point you have gone way 2 far. I think got topics such as these or any other debates there should be a specfic main thread in the tarantula and scorpian catagorys. Where people can debate there sides and what not if so wanting to :D. THis would just make things easier for the people reading threads in the regular discussion area :). Mod should come and close this thread plz adn ty ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.