Cross ventilation

DeanK

Arachnosquire
I'm getting an Avic. Metallica sling and I have one of Jamie's Tarantulas arboreal sling enclosures. Should I drill some holes in the enclosure for cross ventilation or should I be ok as is?

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
you won't need to since the air hole is pretty big to begin with so as long as you keep the substrate dry you'll be fine.

WhitenerJ

Arachnosquire
Your fine. Jamie's enclosures are great. I have a Versicolor in one. Just keep the substrate dry and don't mist. Use a water dish for humidity only.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Drill holes into those AMAC boxes she bought and sold as a "kit".

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Sorry for derailing, but this is the second time today I have seen Jamie referred to as she. Is it a female name in America? I´ve always thought of it as the nickname for James.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Sorry for derailing, but this is the second time today I have seen Jamie referred to as she. Is it a female name in America? I´ve always thought of it as the nickname for James.
Two facts for you

1. Jamie as in the T person, is in fact a woman; I know her.
2. Jamie is both a nickname for James in the USA, and a formal first name for women in the USA.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Two facts for you

1. Jamie as in the T person, is in fact a woman; I know her.
2. Jamie is both a nickname for James in the USA, and a formal first name for women in the USA.
Thanks, in addition to discussing T´s, I learn something new about the US everyday here. One day I will be even be confident in inches, ounces, gallons and miles :D. Let me return the favour and tell you a fun fact about Norwegian names. One of the common male names we have is Odd. It´s a short name so people named Odd usually have two first names, such as Odd Ivar, or Odd Ingar. I went to secondary school with a guy called Odd Simen (yes, it´s pronounced as "semen" in English). Needless to say, when Odd Simen went to England and presented himself it caused some laughter... In the end he learned and started to present himself as Ørjan instead whenever he was in the English speaking world :D

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Jamie is a great dealer, don't get me wrong, but those kits are such a ripoff. Infinitely cheaper to just buy your own boxes.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Jamie is a great dealer, don't get me wrong, but those kits are such a ripoff. Infinitely cheaper to just buy your own boxes.
Well yeah, once you get going. :p If you are starting out and want to get everything in one place it works fine. No need to hunt down moss or bark or substrate. Kinda handy and the sling size are not too bad on price. Once you decide to get more, buying all the stuff separate and in bulk makes it a lot cheaper.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's like any business to be honest, I wouldn't say "ripoff" with my business hat on. Some people are not handy, don't have the time, don't have the time to do the research etc etc. It's a ripoff to you, but it brings value to that other market segment.