Cross orbweaver surprise eggsac!!

Saebias

Arachnopeon
Hey there guys, a little new around these parts and wanted to ask some advice.

I live out in oregon and I had a beautiful cross orbweaver building a Web across my doorframe. it's been getting colder and I was a little worried so I brought her inside and put her in an exo terra nano. She starting spinning, and so I didn't think much of it and observed her for a few days.

Last night however, she had spun a beautiful golden silky case up in the corner of the terrarium. I hadn't expected an eggsac, and since she's wild she's probably been fertilized.... any advice on how to baby proof an exo terra? I don't know if the spider links are small enough that they could fit through the mesh top. what worries me more though is the slim gap between the glass door and the side of the terrarium. Any advice would help.
(To clarify, she built the casing up in the back corner of the terrarium, along the top, so I wouldn't be able to take the top off without disturbing the case. I can move the front door freely.)

Thanks guys!!

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
maybe cover the screen with cardboard and tape it down as for the door the only thing I can think of is that tape on the inside might work.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey there guys, a little new around these parts and wanted to ask some advice.

I live out in oregon and I had a beautiful cross orbweaver building a Web across my doorframe. it's been getting colder and I was a little worried so I brought her inside and put her in an exo terra nano. She starting spinning, and so I didn't think much of it and observed her for a few days.

Last night however, she had spun a beautiful golden silky case up in the corner of the terrarium. I hadn't expected an eggsac, and since she's wild she's probably been fertilized.... any advice on how to baby proof an exo terra? I don't know if the spider links are small enough that they could fit through the mesh top. what worries me more though is the slim gap between the glass door and the side of the terrarium. Any advice would help.
(To clarify, she built the casing up in the back corner of the terrarium, along the top, so I wouldn't be able to take the top off without disturbing the case. I can move the front door freely.)

Thanks guys!!
Unsure of sourcing, but there is very fine mesh used in science for various things, such as filtration, that would prevent those slings from penetrating through the doors when closed. You'd have to glue it down of course.