cross cuts of a tarantula abdomen?

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am curious to know what the inside of a tarantula's abdomen looks like(without killing one of course) so I was wondering if anyone have ever taken cross cuts(not sure of the proper term) that shows how the organs are situated inside the abdomen.

Thanks.

codykrr

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the link(first one didnt work for me) but I was looking for a real cross section slice.

It would be cool to have scientist dissect one like they did with the human tour thing.

Stan Schultz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the link(first one didnt work for me) but I was looking for a real cross section slice...
A serial section sort of thing like they did with that executed convict several years ago. Now, medical students can examine a 3D, digital reconstruction of his body down to some very fine resolution and at a really wide range of magnifications. And, with a joystick they can almost literally fly through the body, following the course of blood vessels and other body parts. It saves a lot of hard-to-get cadavers for more advanced research.

... It would be cool to have scientist dissect one like they did with the human tour thing.
Your next science fair project! Okay, if you're too old for a science fair project, how about doing an anatomy thing as part of a masters or doctoral dissertation? Or, a project for one of your grad students?

Imagine: "The Visible Tarantula" by Cody Kerr!

webbedone

Arachnobaron
i am debating to go into the scientific field of aracnids myself if i get to do anything cool during i will gladly post everything and anything

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Wee, my spidey shipped out today.. *Dances*

Now I can show people what I'm talking about, and not just flail my hands frantically.