Cross breeding

Shamrock

Arachnolover
Good day everyone

I was wondering, can different species from the same genus cross breed? Just out of curiosity, not planning to atempt it.

Thanks in advance.

MetallicArachnid

Arachnosquire
Just look at Avics, B. vagans, and B. albopilosum to see what happens with breeding between species

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Some can, and do because some owners are idiots. Hybridization of Ts destroys pure bred animals and burns down the hobby for all hobbyists. People like that are irresponsible and have no business creating FRANKEN-Ts. Instead of hybridization of Ts they should hybridize themselves with a chimp.

creepa

Arachnoknight
My son is crossbred between asian and european and all went well, so it is possible...

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Some can, and do because some owners are idiots. Hybridization of Ts destroys pure bred animals and burns down the hobby for all hobbyists. People like that are irresponsible and have no business creating FRANKEN-Ts. Instead of hybridization of Ts they should hybridize themselves with a chimp.
Poor chimp :(

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
This is brought up every other week---to elicit a fight most of the time. Hybrids=no good.

Shamrock

Arachnolover
Thanx for the feedback, as i said im not cosidering doing it nor do i think anyone should. Some T's look very alike and difficult to accurately ID, how do you you know you dont already own a hybrid?

obie

Arachnosquire
Yeah I kinda just want to see some pics of hybrids too.

basin79

ArachnoGod
I'm positive T's have been hybridised by accident and of course on purpose.

This is where common names really can play havoc. If the T's look very similar and are labelled as "8 legged fat arse" then some unwary keeper might buy 2 and have 2 different T's.

Of course a T can be mis-labled or miss identified and labelled with it's scientific name too. But it definitely makes things easier.

Ultimately it's down to ALL of us to be responsible. If a T's identity is not 100% known then it shouldn't be bred. And if someone thinks of hybridising on purpose they need to step off their pedestal. They CAN'T improve on mother nature. She's been doing things right before humans where where a cell in a jellyfish.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, I can 100% guarantee you that something like that never happened with genus Mess 'e rocrates, ops, Hysterocrates :)

His parents are different species??? o_O:rolleyes::clown::rofl::astonished:
Well I would glady 'cross breed' with the neglect daughter of the current U.S President, Tiffany: there's a lot of 'Cons', sure, such having babies with dark bizarre Alien eyes, but among the 'Pro' the idea to establish a "Trump Pauàr" in the old boot teases me, if only for piss off Silvio Berlu$coni :)

Some people just want to watch the world burn...
We light the oven so that everyone may bake bread in it (Josè Martì)

:troll:

Last edited by a moderator:

ediblepain

Arachnosquire
I'm pretty sure that's how you'd get a dead chimp with a hole in it.. and a guy with broken bits.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thanx for the feedback, as i said im not cosidering doing it nor do i think anyone should. Some T's look very alike and difficult to accurately ID, how do you you know you dont already own a hybrid?
True on IDing, just look at Avics!

As for knowing, some people don't know. There are a few Ts out there I've seen that after years of looking at pure breds, be it captive bred or wild caught, you look at them and say "that just doesn't look right"..... @Exoskeleton Invertebrates can comment more on your above question.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I think i read that species can be identified by looking at the spermateca or emboli. Which in last case sucks, because you can't identify a live MM male by his palps. Not sure if this is entirely correct though. And of course you would have to have a good picture/drawing of the reproductive organs of the species in question to compare with.