cross breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livia

Arachnopeon
Before someone says it i have already looked it up it doesnt really give much info so can someone explain in detail why tarantula crossbreeding is so bad? Excuse the newbie breeder newbie-ness thanks:cool:

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
lets give an example then shall we? lets say you sell a hybrid T to steve. He seems like a nice guy right? well steve has the sling until adult hood. By then he's moved on to other things and forgets its a hybrid. Steve decides he doesn't want it anymore. He sells it as ONE species. Someone buys the T and breeds it. Now the species line is ruined, because you hybridized, sold to steve, who in turn sold as a mis-ID'd T, and made mud bloods. Its a mutt now. and all thats left of a once decent species is mutts. Hope I touched on everything. Lets all hope and pray this doesn't become a 4 page debate as most hybrid threads do.

Livia

Arachnopeon
Just curious if i was to cross breed but keep the species for myself only would that be acceptable?

cantthinkofone

Arachnodemon
chances are you would buckle under the stress and sell. thats 100s of babies to care for. People dont like hybrids and thats something that wont change. at first I had ideas such as this, but then I got involved in the hobby and my views changed COMPLETELY.

Status
Not open for further replies.