Cross breeding what is the deal?

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I am wondering what all the fuss is over crossbreeding? As I understand it most folks around are against it and I am wondering why. Seeing as verry few if any of the captive born slings will ever be reintroduced to the wild I don't see why creating a new strain would be wrong or bad for the tarantulas. I am not advocating this. I am just curious becaus it seems to me that if some one has the skill and dedication to acctulaly pull this off it should be encouraged rather that rebuked. I mean think of all the beautiful species that allready exist. now how is it wrong to increase the diversity of spiders available for us Arachnonerds.

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
people are worried about someone selling off a crossbred t as a pure bred one

and its not very easy to cross breed and i think its impossible for diff genuses to procreate something about diff shaped pedipalps on the males:?

but yeah someone irresponsible could be selling off mix breeds as prue ones is usually the issue

(not to mention the avic sp is pretty mixed up as it is

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
id like to know how you know nichjohnsson
have you crossbred then raised the slings to try and breed them again:?

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think there's enough amazingly beautiful T's out there and that it isn't necessary to cross breed.
We would be taking the hobby for granted if we started trying to mix things up.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search Search :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

I need to go breathe a little and get less grumpy.

nichjohnsson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But some friends wanted me to buy because they are beutifull,but they are not fertil
here in Brazil it's not a commom practice,but we are all informed about the issue

Neophyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I read that several times over and I'm still having a hard time understanding ._.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You could search out cross-breeding or hybrids and find out exactly why people are against it. There's only about 100 threads full of bitter, angry mud slinging on the subject. To me it seems pretty obvious but the question keeps coming up...

Sathane

Arachnoking
Old Timer
people are worried about someone selling off a crossbred t as a pure bred one

and its not very easy to cross breed and i think its impossible for diff genuses to procreate something about diff shaped pedipalps on the males:?

but yeah someone irresponsible could be selling off mix breeds as prue ones is usually the issue

(not to mention the avic sp is pretty mixed up as it is
How do anyone know this isn't happening now? For all I know half of my specimens could be crossbreeds and the failed breeding attempts so far I've just chalked up to a range of things could actually be due to them being sterile crossbreeds.

This is just another reason why your should only buy from reputable dealers with a history of good transactions. Personally, I tend to only purchase from people I can verify as good dealers with confirmation from past buyers. In the case where a quick deal will happen I make sure I inspect the goods and never make a deal for the insanely rare or expensive species unless the dealer can be vouched for heavily.

Last edited:

nichjohnsson

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I know because close friends tried to breed a mix of grammo. pulchra and grammo. grossa with a grammo. rosea

clam1991

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How do anyone know this isn't happening now? For all I know half of my specimens could be crossbreeds and the failed breeding attempts so far I've just chalked up to a range of things.

This is just another reason why your should only buy from reputable dealers with a history of good transactions. Personally, I tend to only purchase from people I can verify as good dealers with confirmation from past buyers. In the case where a quick deal will happen I make sure I inspect the good and never make a deal for the insanely rare or expensive species unless the dealer can be vouched for heavily.

shhh your going to make everyone freak:eek: {D
that could be very true not a very great thought but still plausable

and nich i still dont see proof all i see is you know a guy who tried it and it didnt work:rolleyes: